Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem Installing Mandrake 10  (Read 5994 times)

Ramsey

Problem Installing Mandrake 10
« on: March 22, 2004, 12:48:24 PM »
I'm having an issue installing Mandrake 10, I can't boot off the CD because the computer just simply won't do it.  I can't seem to find any documentation that tells me how to create a set of bootdisks so that I can install from there.  I see RAWRITE in the DOSUTILS directory on the first CD but I can't seem to use it.  It either locks up the system or simply won't run.  My question is...  Does anybody know where I can download a set of bootdisks so that I can install Mandrake 10? 8)  Thanks.

natesneat2000

Re: Problem Installing Mandrake 10
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 02:35:06 PM »
This is what I found:
http://www.start-linux.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=654&t=654
It'd be much easier if you had another computer; you could netwrok them and (well... read ^ for rest :). That's how I installed SuSE second time; it even let me use Windows file sharing, and can run from floppy or CD. Also, about rawrite, have you tried re-downloading it? Maybe your's is corrupted or there's a new version.
Have you looked around in your BIOS/setup (try pressing delete or an F key, or look for instructions at boot) to allow you to boot from CD? On all my machines (including some pretty old ones), there's a boot order list, and you could just set it to something like: floppy, CD, IDE disk.
Hope one of these helps; good luck!

unclegerry

Re: Problem Installing Mandrake 10
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 03:17:50 AM »
I am a newbie and have just installed Mandrake 10 with sucess. You must boot with disk 2 not disk 1 then after a few screns it will ask you to reinstall the installation CD. give this a try it worked for me. unclegerry