Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get rid of Antivirus Software Alert?  (Read 5258 times)

RickyD333

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    How do I get rid of Antivirus Software Alert?
    « on: January 17, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
    So I've been doing a bit of research on how to get rid of this malware but I can't seem to have any luck. Because of this I can't get on the internet, but luckily I have a laptop.

I discovered that someone else has this problem on this forum but there was no reply on how to fix it (here is the link to that thread: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=114615.0)

Please, I want my computer back to normal. The only other thing I can think of is restarting everything from scratch (which means finding my Windows 7 disk!)

I am running windows 7 64bit.

RickyD333

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: How do I get rid of Antivirus Software Alert?
      « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:53 PM »
      It should also be noted that I have tried installing other programs that might get rid of this problem such as Spyware Doctor via a USB thumb drive after saving the file to it from my laptop. When I try to install it to my desktop (the infected computer) it will not install. It just stays on the loading screen that reads "Please wait while Spyware Doctor initializes components...".

I have looked in the uninstall programs list to see if anything looked suspicious and everything there seems dandy. ctrl + alt + delete only works in safe mode and internet still does not work even in the networked safe mode.

RickyD333

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: How do I get rid of Antivirus Software Alert?
        « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:21:03 AM »
        Ok, so I ended up being able to solve this issue on my own, but I cannot be completely certain if I know how I fixed it. Here is how just in case anyone else runs into this same problem:

I used my laptop to download the program Spyware Doctor onto my thumb drive (http://www.fasterpccleanclean.com/remove-antivirus-software-alert). I then installed Spyware Doctor onto my desktop. However, this seemed to NOT work because it was stuck on the initialization part of the install. This is where I could potentially be making up the entire fix process. After letting that run for a while (wait like 10 min just to be safe) shut down your computer and turn off the power to it completely for 1min. Turn everything back on and the Spyware Doctor icon will hopefully be installed to your desktop. Load up Spyware Doctor and install whatever updates it finds, then run a scan. After the scan I was pushed into having to buy the program in order to get rid of all the crap it found on my computer, but it is worth it for $30. After that I had a little trouble keeping my browser from crashing, but I think that was due to the virus on the computer. Just keep closing the browser and restarting it and it should eventually work. After my purchase the final page for the confirmation on buying the program would not open up due to the virus, but everything was emailed to me properly and I got the license number. Go to your email on your other computer and copy down the license number. Register everything on you infected computer. It asked to do another check for updates, which I did but it ended up losing the scan I just performed (there were updates). Restart your computer and turn off all power again just in case. Start it up again and re-run Spyware Doctor. After this you will be able to fix the problem. Restart your computer at the end of this.

Also, I still couldn't load up the internet due to a failure to connect to the proxy server. I fixed this (in Firefox) by going to Tools -->  Options --> Advanced --> Settings tab under "Connection" --> check the "No proxy bubble" --> Ok.

After all of that everything will hopefully work. It worked for me and I can only hope this will help anyone else.

Cheers!

-Ricky