Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: XP and IE8  (Read 3191 times)

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

XP and IE8
    « on: January 20, 2011, 12:47:02 AM »
    Probably an IE8 question, but of the choices given me, this was the best one.

Running XP and upgraded to IE8 from version 7.

After the upgrade, I can no longer RIGHT CLICK, VIEW SOURCE, and do an EDIT there on LOCAL html pages I'm viewing. I find it annoying to have to go to Windows Explorer.

I do get an HTML display of the page code, but I can't change it. Thius display is actually another window - not the code coming up in NOTEPAD as with IE7.

The IE8 HELP on changes was no help.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Wyngs

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: XP and IE8
    « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:28:16 AM »
    Well, you could copy and paste from that code screen to Notepad.  Or, you can save the code view that you get from IE8 as a file and then open the file with Notepad.

Otherwise, I suggest using a different browser such as Firefox or Opera.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:30:45 AM »
      Thank you for the suggestions.

Wyngs

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 08:28:01 PM »
        I asked this question because I have some local HTML pages that go under near constant editing.

After some thought, I've come up with the best solution so far, just for everyone's information. This was to create a folder on the desktop, copy the HTML links to it, then open it and RIGHT CLICK + EDIT. Much faster than bringing up Windows Explorer, finding the file, then doing the right-click edit.

It would be even nicer if I could save Notepad files to the desktop, but there seems to be no way to do that.