Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet connection  (Read 4012 times)

josh 187

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Internet connection
    « on: January 02, 2011, 08:11:43 PM »
    Hey I'm having a little problem with my labtop it wont let me connect to the internet my wireless connection works but when i go on the web it says internet explorer cannot display the webpage

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 05:39:28 AM »
    1) How do you know the system is connected to the wireless network?
    2) Can you ping?
    3) Do other browsers (ie, Firefox, Opera) work?

Slade

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 07:01:34 AM »
      Have you ran spyware an malware scans lately including antivirus.  Some will prevent you from connecting on-line. 

jhonas

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 11:47:14 PM »
        It may be you have to update your browser or check then connection settings !!

Ann 2011

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 01:41:46 PM »
          Hi...
          Well, in my opinion
          Sometimes we think we are connected wirelessly, but you know, there is a frequent problem, some laptops doesnt have any on/off butoon to work wirelessly, but other do, so just to reconfirm that the problem is not the connection, try first with the ethernet cable and try to surf, if u can surf, the problem is that u must find the on/off button. when you turn the on button, find your newtork, on your right hand near the time, you will find a computer icon, click on it, and find your network, and then click on connect, it will asku for the security key that is behind your modem, and then you will be connected.
          As somebody said on this forum, if u have another browser, try with it, maybe IE must be reinstall it,
          if u dont have another browser, delete cookies, check dial up connections, proxies and optimized the browser...... :D

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »
          Hi...
          Well, in my opinion
          Sometimes we think we are connected wirelessly, but you know, there is a frequent problem, some laptops doesnt have any on/off butoon to work wirelessly, but other do, so just to reconfirm that the problem is not the connection, try first with the ethernet cable and try to surf, if u can surf, the problem is that u must find the on/off button. when you turn the on button, find your newtork, on your right hand near the time, you will find a computer icon, click on it, and find your network, and then click on connect, it will asku for the security key that is behind your modem, and then you will be connected.
          As somebody said on this forum, if u have another browser, try with it, maybe IE must be reinstall it,
          if u dont have another browser, delete cookies, check dial up connections, proxies and optimized the browser...... :D
          Huh?

sagebrush

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 04:27:57 PM »
            Have you ever been able to connect with this laptop on the router wireless??
            Sage

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »
            Hi...
            Well, in my opinion

WoW...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

shears .dl1

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 01:13:55 PM »
            Hi I am a begining lab top user and I need step by step help on getting wireless internet on my lab top. can some one help me?