Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Infected computer  (Read 2319 times)

s4asuke16

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Infected computer
    « on: February 24, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »
    I have a Acer laptop with Windows 7 and mcafee anti-virus. The connection on my laptop is fine and the internet has been working for a while, but all of a sudden when i try to open chrome or internet explorer, it says that the files for chrome and explorer couldn't be found. I tried downloading chrome on a usb and transfer it onto my laptop but when i tried to open it, it said that the specified path does not exist. So i went ontone hope chat and asked once more and this time i was told i should run a malwarebytes' scan on my laptop. So i downloaded that onto my usb but once again when i tried to open it on my laptop via the usb, it said that the specified path does not exist.  >:( I was told that my laptop was infected but im not sure how to fix this since i can't use the malwarebytes scan and the mcafee scan says my laptop if fine.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Infected computer
    « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 03:04:10 PM »
    You already posted this question and I responded in the other thread. I'm locking this one.