Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disk cleanup deleteing my graphics driver?  (Read 5155 times)

superchaos

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Disk cleanup deleteing my graphics driver?
    « on: February 07, 2011, 12:50:03 PM »
    When I use my disk clean up then reboot my graphics driver is lost.This has happened several times now.I know disk cleanup deletes temp files.And clears the recycle bin.Theirs always 1kb showing in my recycle bin now in disk cleanup window and it works much slower.I have ati integrated graphics.My ATI Technologies folder is sent to program files when I re download. And C:\ATI\Support\10-02_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc\Driver  Can I be missing a folder or whatever then a file gets sent or used from a temp area that just gets deleted?I have know Idea how to fix this.It's just wrong. ???

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Disk cleanup deleteing my graphics driver?
    « Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 01:57:04 PM »
    Welcome to the computer Hope forums.
    Thank you for your post. You have plenty of space available on your hard drive. Removing a few thousand bytes is not worth the effort. As you have demonstrated,  the disk cleanup utility has the potential of removing files you may wish to keep.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 08:16:16 PM »
    When I use my disk clean up then reboot my graphics driver is lost
    If you think that disk clean up or whatever procedure you have made is fault, then use Ccleaner and use the default settings. Post back if you need other info. concerning your video problem and state it more clearer.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:37 AM »
    There is no way that disk cleanup would delete your graphics driver. Are you installing it after downloading it?

superchaos

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 11:56:43 AM »
      I have CCleaner and Wise cleaner and never had any problems for some years with those. :) It might of had something to do with another cleaner with several tools I downloaded around the time it started and turned out to be a trial.It's from 2010 and it found lists of stuff from years ago so I figured that was ok.But It may have caused the problem some how.I tried not using any cleaners at all when testing to see if it would do it again and did.But maybe it was just looking that way.I might try the other new tools once more to see if it happens again out of curiosity. :P

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:26:57 AM »
      I might try the other new tools once more to see if it happens again out of curiosity.

Right... Post back if you have made improvements out of your sense of curiosity. ::)

tonette09

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 10:50:00 AM »
      As you have demonstrated,  the disk cleanup utility has the potential of removing files you may wish to keep.

I agree on this...just made me curious what happens when you use disk cleanup...I used to make this but nothing happens to my video card driver.

I rather suggest to reinstall you driver :)...hope its help...

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 11:15:52 AM »
      As you have demonstrated,  the disk cleanup utility has the potential of removing files you may wish to keep.

Nothing of the sort was demonstrated and it is pure Bunk that disk cleanup would remove a driver...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "