Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Starting computer, computer restarts (help; more details inside)  (Read 6203 times)

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Starting computer, computer restarts (help; more details inside)
    « on: February 11, 2011, 04:41:18 PM »
    Yay. I get to do this AGAIN. This is so fun (/sarcasm)

So... yeah... this... is going to take awhile...

Let's see... where do I start...

I have Windows Vista (it sucks) I also have a Dell (it REALLY sucks) and, this has never happened before. I started up the computer, I get a blue screen, and the computer restarts. I restart the computer again. When I load up, I get a problem report.

BTW... I also get a black screen when it restarts after the blue screen saying something like "The computer encountered a problem during start up"

Anyway... the problem report says "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shut down" This has happened twice this week. Once on Wednesday the 9th and again today.

Can someone help me solve this problem? BTW... yes... I have backed up my files... well... by "backed up" I mean transferred to other desktop/laptop in my home. But it counts right?

Please help me out here... I'm really getting tired of having constant computer problems.

Also... getting a new computer is out of the question. Unless one of you would be willing to buy it FOR me...? Didn't think so. I can't afford a new desktop because I'm dirt poor. So... yeah...

I'd REALLY appreciate ANY help I can get with this.

P.S.: Did you know...

That I have to defragment my current desktop once a month on the second Wednesday of that month just to get Vista to get updates? I also do a disk cleanup and use CCleaner when I do this as well.

P.P.S.: Listen to me... I'm sorry if I sound rude or anything, I don't mean it. I'm just REALLY frustrated and REALLY upset about these CONSTANT problems I seem to have with my current desktop. So... if I seem rude or mean, I'm sorry. I'm just UNBELIEVABLY frustrated and upset about having CONSTANT computer problems.

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Starting computer, computer restarts (help; more details inside)
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
    Nobody here wants to hear your rants. For best results please just state the problem in the simplest but complete terms possible

Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 05:47:32 PM »
      ==================================================
      Dump File         : Mini021111-01.dmp
      Crash Time        : 2/11/2011 5:31:43 PM
      Bug Check String  : APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
      Bug Check Code    : 0x00000001
      Parameter 1       : 0x82822526
      Parameter 2       : 0x00000000
      Parameter 3       : 0x0000fffe
      Parameter 4       : 0x00000000
      Caused By Driver  : ntkrnlpa.exe
      Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+57d97
      File Description  : NT Kernel & System
      Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      Company           : Microsoft Corporation
      File Version      : 6.0.6001.18538 (vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432)
      Processor         : 32-bit
      Computer Name     :
      Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021111-01.dmp
      Processors Count  : 2
      Major Version     : 15
      Minor Version     : 6001
      Dump File Size    : 138,712

Dump File         : Mini020911-01.dmp
      Crash Time        : 2/9/2011 10:47:23 PM
      Bug Check String  : APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
      Bug Check Code    : 0x00000001
      Parameter 1       : 0x82824526
      Parameter 2       : 0x00000000
      Parameter 3       : 0x0000fffe
      Parameter 4       : 0x00000000
      Caused By Driver  : ntkrnlpa.exe
      Caused By Address : ntkrnlpa.exe+57d97
      File Description  : NT Kernel & System
      Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
      Company           : Microsoft Corporation
      File Version      : 6.0.6001.18538 (vistasp1_gdr.101014-0432)
      Processor         : 32-bit
      Computer Name     :
      Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini020911-01.dmp
      Processors Count  : 2
      Major Version     : 15
      Minor Version     : 6001
      Dump File Size    : 138,712

Allan

• Mastermind
      « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 06:55:12 AM »
      Have you recently installed or updated any drivers? Do you remember if there was anything new before you started getting these errors (in other words, what led up to it)? And can you boot to safe mode (and if so, does the system seem to run okay there)?

If you can't think of anything, then I suggest you start by checking ram. Download memtest, burn it to a disk, and boot to it (http://www.memtest.org/)

Let's see where we are after that.

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »
        I installed some updates the 9th before it started happening and defragmented the desktop after the updates if that's what you mean? I don't recall updating any drivers or anything.

If you want me to post the updates I installed on the 9th, please say so and I will with as much detail as I can.

Allan

• Mastermind
        « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 10:14:41 AM »
        If this happened immediately after installing the updates let's see if you can use a restore point to go back to just before that happened. If not, try uninstalling the updates manually.

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:09:23 PM »
          If this happened immediately after installing the updates let's see if you can use a restore point to go back to just before that happened. If not, try uninstalling the updates manually.

Well... yes and no.

I had to restart after installing the updates you know... nothing happened.

It only seemed to happen after I turned the desktop off after defragmenting the computer again.

It hasn't happened today though... however... there seems to be a current pattern of "every other day" If it does it tomorrow, that's a different story.

Also... I've done a system restore on the desktop before and it made the computer slower.

Allan

• Mastermind
          « Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
          Defragmenting a hd could not cause these problems. And using system restore does not inherently slow down a system, it simply restores the registry and system files to a previous date. But the fact that this happens every other day or so can be problematical. See if it happens when you are doing something in particular.

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 08:40:16 PM »
            Defragmenting a hd could not cause these problems. And using system restore does not inherently slow down a system, it simply restores the registry and system files to a previous date. But the fact that this happens every other day or so can be problematical. See if it happens when you are doing something in particular.

Alright

BTW... just so you know... even if I wanted to check my RAM or whatever, I can't. Because you told me to burn it to a DVD and I do not have a DVD currently I could burn it to.

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:49:18 AM »
              Um... it didn't do it yesterday...

So... now what?

I still can't but feel worries however...

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
              • Experience: Beginner
              « Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:37 AM »
              If you can't test your RAM module(s) or acquire a CD to burn memtest, try using one RAM and test if the problem occured, then swap the other RAM and do check the PC restarting problem.
              Additional Information here --> http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=20371.0

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 08:44:20 AM »
                The problem is not occurring anymore though... it hasn't happened since Friday... so... maybe... everything's okay? Maybe?

patio

• Genius
                • Maud' Dib
                  • Yes
                • Experience: Beginner
                « Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:00:11 AM »
                Maybe...
                " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

AlwaysScrewed

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »
                  *sighs*

The consensus between my mom and me is that our desktop sucks. I'm the one that mostly uses the desktop, but, my mom was the one that bought it. She's admitted to me several times already that she didn't know what she was buying and should of learned more/done more research.

In the end... I don't know what caused this problem or why this happened. The desktop I have just isn't the greatest.

Maybe... one of these days... either after I'm through with my education and I get a job, or, we have the extra money, I'll be able to replace the desktop with one that's actually GOOD.

For now though... I don't know what caused the problem, but, it's not happening now. Although I'll admit it could happen again at anytime. If it does, I guess I'll either make a completely new topic or just double post.

Either way, the problem is no longer occurring.

I appreciated all the help I received. Thank you. Next time, instead of ranting, I promise to just post my problem.

Problem solved; topic over (for now...)

Thanks again.