Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet not connecting on new laptop  (Read 2438 times)

PLEASE HELP ME!!

Internet not connecting on new laptop
« on: February 15, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »
I just bought a dell inspiron about a week ago and I'm having trouble connecting it to the internet. Wireless works fine when I use it, but when I try to use broadband at home it won't connect. I saw somewhere to type in ipconfig/renew and it worked, finally connecting. Then the next day it didn't connect again, so I tried doing the same thing and it said operation couldn't be completed because local area connection 2 was unplugged. So I checked everything to make sure and everything was plugged in. Also, I checked to see what local area connection 2 even is and it said it was "broadcom virtual wireless adapter." I don't even know what this is or want to use wireless because I'm using a router/modem. But I checked everything outside and inside the computer, including seeing if the drivers needed updated and it says everything is fine. I'm at my wits end with this thing! Oh, also I have another laptop (which im using now) that works just fine, even without the ethernet cable plugged in. PLEASE HELP!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Internet not connecting on new laptop
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 09:47:53 AM »
Is that you Ralph ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "