Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sychronization Issue with 2003 re-install  (Read 6964 times)

Chrisxs5

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Sychronization Issue with 2003 re-install
« on: February 21, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
This server was rebuilt over the weekend, so all files were restored to their new location. Which was replicated exactly the same as before the crash.

The users connect into there home Directory U:, but they are not synchronizing correctly.

Active directory shows \\server\filestore\user
But when clicking on the U: drive they get straight into the filestore folder with access to all folders.

The only big difference is the previous install was 86x and a domain controller. The new install is 64x and has not been promoted back yet.

ANy thoughts?

Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

michaewlewis

Intermediate
    • Yes
    • Yes
Re: Sychronization Issue with 2003 re-install
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 11:08:06 AM »
What do you mean they're not synchronizing correctly?
How are you mapping the drive to the share?
How did you restore?

Chrisxs5

Topic Starter

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Sychronization Issue with 2003 re-install
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:45:43 AM »
So I never restored the files to the server. The PC's should have synced up and restored there own My Documents. Active directory has U set as there home directory which I had to restore. SO the problem was that maybe 25% connected back correctly and synced up correctly. The rest didnt. So as it turned out, the other 3/2ths of the PC's had the U drive actually mapped instead of the AD control. SO no biggy. Added a U drive delete command in my logon script and emailed everyone telling them to reboot. All problems now solved.
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!