Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Image Composer & Front Page  (Read 7218 times)

penne

Microsoft Image Composer & Front Page
« on: June 25, 2004, 01:21:05 PM »
 Hello. I am hoping someone can help me. I am not new to web desing using Front Page, but am new to using Image Composer when using templates from someone else. I want to take a template and edit and add things to it, but FP doesnt allow you to do this right on the template. So I was told to use a graphic program. So far Image Composer is working for me (the only one I have), but when I import and insert it into FP it now comes up all fuzzy and you can see the dots (pixels maybe?) on the whole page. It looks horrible. Also, I want to put things in tables because it makes things a lot smoother when people view sites but with Image Composer it doesnt have that option like FP does and also other things like the components like a marquee that I want to include on my webpage. I already have a website but am trying to update it and make it look a lot nicer, but am not skilled at doing it with anything other than just the info on FP. If there is anybody who can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much in advance.
Sincerely,
Penne

Corrosive

Re: Microsoft Image Composer & Front Page
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 07:19:00 AM »
Righty, by the sounds of things the images in question are JPEG images. One rather nice feature with JPEG's is that you can compress them, reducing the filesize and thereby reducing the time it takes to load.

The problem is that if you increase compression, you decrease image quality. This sounds a little bit like what's happening here.

To solve this, you'll need to rummage around in Image Composer for a way to adjust the compression. I can't help you much more than this as I don't use that app (never heard of it until now, to be honest). My first bet would be to search the Help files...

For the second part of the question, it appears to me that you are immensly confused at the difference between Frontpage and Image Composer.

Frontpage is for making webpages. Image Composer, by the sounds of things, is for making or editing pictures. IC won't have options for tables, marquee's etc because that's not what it was designed for.

If you want to put this picture on your webpage, you'll need to save the image(s), and then use FP to insert the image(s) into the page.

I hope that helps

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Microsoft Image Composer & Front Page
    « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 01:47:46 PM »
    penne.......Image composer.....is exactly what the name suggests.....it's designed to manipulate images and comes with GIF animator. I use image composer to change the format of some images from what they are into a jpeg .......or whatever I want or to animate gif images.  ( it works well ).  If you want tables or marquees .......use Front page it will do all that .
    If you have templates you want to use or alter......copy them into Front page make the changes save them into the root directory and its there to use whenever you want.

Hope this is some help

dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: August 14, 2004, 01:51:00 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.