Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't open Fujitsu internal hard drive hooked up externally to save files.  (Read 9708 times)

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    I have a Fujitsu tablet that crashed. When I went to try to reboot, the system wouldn’t go past the bios to start up again in any of the startup options, ie. safe mode, last normal operation, etc. So, I removed the internal drive and hooked it up to a IDE/SATA adapter to USB connection. I can see the disk in Disk Management and in Device Management, but can not see it in My Computer to open. When I see it in Disk Management, I am able to right-click the white bar where it shows the letter, but unable to then select Change Drive Letter and Paths. The only option activated is Delete Partition and Help, none of the other selections are active. I have ran Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows on it which came up fine. C ???an you help me with this? thank you.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    When you right clik it select Properties...
    Report back with your findings...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

Properties reveal in the General tab device is working properly.  FUJITSU MHZ2160BH G2 USB Device;   device type: Disk drives;  etc.

JJ 3000

Egghead
      • Experience: Familiar
      Can you post  a screen shot of disk management?
      Save a Life!
      Adopt a homeless pet.
      http://www.petfinder.com/

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      Sorry...i meant right clij it in Disk Management and select Properties...

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

been trying to figure out how to post a screen shot ... how or how do I found out on this forum?  thanks much

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

Found out how to insert image/screen shot ...
          I clicked on Properties for each drive listed in Disk Management. The first drive revealed "help" and did not provide a Properties option.  The only drive that had an activated Properties that I could click on was the C: drive.

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

Will try again ...
            Clicked on Properties for each drive listed in Disk Management. The first drive revealed "help" and did not provide a Properties option.  The only drive that had an activated Properties that I could select was the C: drive.  I can see the attached external hard drive via SATA to USB connection in Disk Management and in Device Manager under Disk drives.  But I can not get to properties for any of the disk drives listed in Disk Management except for the C: drive.
             ???

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

:-[  Will try again ...
              Clicked on Properties for each drive listed in Disk Management. The first drive revealed "help" and did not provide a Properties option.  The only drive that had an activated Properties that I could select was the C: drive.  I can see the attached external hard drive via SATA to USB connection in Disk Management and in Device Manager under Disk drives.  But I can not get to properties for any of the disk drives listed in Disk Management except for the C: drive.

These are the screen shots in Computer Management, Disk Management, of the 5 volumes listed 1 is labeled (C:).  None of the other drives are labeled and I can not access properties on them to assign a drive so that I can see the external hard drive hooked up that I'm trying to save files on. any help is appreciated!!   thanks

Computer_Commando

Hacker
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Expert
              Disk1, 1st partition (89GB NTFS, Healthy, Active) is the only one you need to assign a drive letter to.  Ignore the 2nd & 3rd partitions on Disk1.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              You need to clik on the drives in the lower Pane to select Properties...

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

Thanks, however whether I right click on the disk or the lower pane to select Properties, it is not activated.  I can only choose Delete Partition ... or Help.  The rest of the options are not live for me to click on. 

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

I went to View and changed the setting in Top to Disk List.  I am able to right click on Disk 1 and see Properties.  Is there something I can change in Properties to be able to see the hard drive's files?   thanks.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                  • Certifications: List
                  • Computer: Specs
                  • Experience: Expert
                  Right-click area shown with red oval:

[recovering disk space - old attachment deleted by admin]

DebW

Topic Starter

Rookie

Did, got diagonal lines and a menu with only Delete Partition ... and Help.  I can click on Disk 1 next to it and get properties.