Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Locating my Network Card Address in the registry.  (Read 2406 times)

ka0z_shogun666

Locating my Network Card Address in the registry.
« on: March 05, 2011, 04:12:01 AM »
Hi.

To the left one of those 4-digit numbers is where I'm going to find my NetworkAddress key value for my network card.  I'm unsure what the 4-digit number of my network card is however.  How can I find the 4-digit number of my network card?

milesrf

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Locating my Network Card Address in the registry.
    « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 02:15:10 PM »
    I've found the registry difficult to use.

Under Windows Vista, I'd try this method instead to see if it could locate the needed values:

Click on a symbol usually at the bottom left of the screen - usually either a Start button or a circular Windows symbol.

On the Start Search line, type Device Manager.  When the Programs list above that becomes just one item with that name, click on it.

That program may need your approval to start at all; if so, approve it.

Click on the + sign before Network adapters to see a list of network adapters on your computer.  I have just one, so that is the obvious choice of what to double-click on next.  Click on Resources to see the memory ranges and IRQs it uses, or various other tabs to see if they will give you some other value you
    want.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:13:24 PM »
    The registry is never going to have the info you need from the network card...this is by design...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:05 PM »
    Ipconfig/all will give you the information you need.