Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer monitor  (Read 2060 times)

Larry Woller

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Computer monitor
    « on: March 05, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »
    I have a Westinghouse 19" LCD monitor, Model LCM-19w4.. when I turn on the pc, the screen will be black, will see some blinking, see the cursor for a second or two and stay black.. when I turn the monitor off, then back on, the wallpaper and icons will pop up for a second and the monitor will return to black..
    I cannot find the software, etc, that came with it and am at a loss as to get the picture back... any suggestions or has the monitor crashed and burned??.

Larry

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Computer monitor
    « Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 10:07:27 AM »
    Your best choice is to try this monitor with another working computer.

Larry Woller

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 06:57:10 PM »
      Thanks for your reply and input..I have tried using another computer with no luck.. I have sent a email to Westinghouse support to see what kind of answer I may get.. will post any answer here should I get one...

Larry

Larry Woller

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:41 AM »
        Back again,
        Still haven't had the time to experiment with the monitor as I am quite busy at the moment.. but I did get a reply from Westinghouse and thought I would post it here, perhaps it may help someone..smile..

"Begin by making sure the resolution for your PC or laptop, matches the native resolution of the unit. Also make sure that the refresh rate is set to 60 hertz. Once you've made your changes, or if the settings are already correct, perform a power cycle. Power down both the unit and the computer. Disconnect the VGA cable from both the unit and the computer. Unplug the unit from the wall for approximately one full minute. Plug the VGA cable back into the computer first and then the unit. Plug the unit back in and power it up before turning on the computer. If you are having any trouble with the steps or if your issue remains, please contact our customer support team. "

Chocobo Fro

Greenhorn
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 07:22:18 PM »
          might help to have some additional information about your monitor and setup.
          what kind of cable you are using: example DVI or VGA [DVI connector is long with roughly 30 pins] [VGA is trapezoid shape connector with 15 pins]
          Has the monitor worked well before and suddenly started having these problems, or is it new?
          Have you made sure that the connection to and from the monitor is solid and stay firmly in place?