Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Logging ISP Network .. Any suggestions  (Read 2746 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Logging ISP Network .. Any suggestions
« on: March 12, 2011, 08:27:32 PM »
I would like to log my connection to the internet and was wondering if anyone had any software suggestions. I like www.speedtest.net 's ability to give download/upload stats. On a good day i am getting 20mbps down and 4mbps upload. I was thinking it would be neat to be able to log this for say 24 hours to know what my upload and download speeds are. Anyone know of a software that might be able to do this. I was using a batch program that someone here helped me out with a few years back, but ping logging and writing the response times in ms although does show latency doesnt show just how bad the connection is. I have had at times where my connection has been down to just about 2mbps down and 4mbps upload. Rebooted all my hardware and am determined that its not at my end, but maybe comcast throttling my connection down or heavily congested. I thought it would be neat to document this before contacting comcast with complaint with data to prove the situation.

Sid

Apprentice
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Logging ISP Network .. Any suggestions
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 03:43:36 PM »
    I don't know of anything that can do what you want, but have you had a look at the logging features of your modem/router?

EDIT:  Is something like this what you're after?

http://www.bwmonitor.com/