Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Vista Upgrade  (Read 5859 times)

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Keep Canada beautiful. Swallow your beer cans.
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Vista Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 03:50:35 PM »
You're welcome :)
Well Allan that didn't start off so good. Started with the chipset for Motherboard and I'm told that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Strange that the PC came with the Vista Upgrade?.overthehill

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:02 PM »
Well Allan that didn't start off so good. Started with the chipset for Motherboard and I'm told that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements. Strange that the PC came with the Vista Upgrade?.overthehill

Update # 2.

Well whether this PC meets the requirements or not, at the moment it's running Vista just fine. I was finally able to find/download and install the SigmaTel driver that I required. Sound problem gone. Actually that was the last real problem that I was having with the installation. Still don't know what that FCDABIOS (2003) device EnumeratorOO (still with yellow flag) is though?  In any case, as long as that notification doesn't keep popping up I'm not going to worry about it. So, if Vista keeps running as it is presently, that'll be great. |V|

Thanks once more Allan. Much appreciated. overthehill

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:54:55 AM »
some info at http://driver-backup.com/driver_detail/?driver_id=56704 on FCDABIOS (2003) device Enumerator but I'm still not sure what device it relates to.  If you click on System devices on that web page, the next page shows a long list.  If you eventually notice something that doesn't seem to work right, that may be your clue to this mystery.

You might try letting Device Manager search the internet for a driver for that item.  I'd bet chances are slim it will find a driver to resolve it but still worth a try.

overthehill

Topic Starter

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Yes
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2011, 11:25:50 AM »
some info at http://driver-backup.com/driver_detail/?driver_id=56704 on FCDABIOS (2003) device Enumerator but I'm still not sure what device it relates to.  If you click on System devices on that web page, the next page shows a long list.  If you eventually notice something that doesn't seem to work right, that may be your clue to this mystery.

You might try letting Device Manager search the internet for a driver for that item.  I'd bet chances are slim it will find a driver to resolve it but still worth a try.

Thanks soybean for your interest. And yes, Device Manager kept offering to search the web to find the correct driver but could find nothing. I followed your link and download the driver for FCDABIOS (2003) device EnumeratorOO, which btw was on the first page. But, it wasn't very fruitful, couldn't find driver or ? in that download.  Didn't see anything either that I could relate to in that long list. Anyway, what I did then was go to the FCDABIOS (2003) device EnumeratorOO file in System Devices on my PC(the file that looked OK) and found that the manufacturer is Farstone. I went to the Farstone site and downloaded the driver (rather huge), from there. Their instructions are to "Add Driver" to Pre-Windows Recovery Manager ,which doesn't appear to be anywhere on my system.
If I understand this properly, Farstone is used for Virtual Drive / Back Ups, which I never use anyway. Assuming that I'm correct, if it gives me anymore concerns I can always delete Virtual Drive from Add/Remove programs.
btw, haven't been bothered with that pop up since early yesterday. Maybe it's gone |V|

Thanks again. overthehill