Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stereo problem  (Read 3307 times)

3rdGenGator

Stereo problem
« on: August 18, 2005, 12:32:28 PM »
I have a problem which may or may not have a computer based solution.  I hope this is the appropriate venue to raise it.

My home was constructed (or I should say re-constructed after a recent Hurricane) pre wired for computer, telephone and cable.  Speaker wires for a stereo system were run from the living room to all rooms for in-ceiling speakers.  However, the rooms were not pre-wired for in room controls, which I would now like to add.

What I am looking for is some type of control in each room that can operate through the existing wires to contol the volume of speakers operated by speaker wire originating in the living room.  The home has a built in control panel from which Cat. 5e, Cat 6 and co axle wires run to each room.  Each room has available and unused for any current purpose at least 1 Cat 5e, 1 Cat 6, and 2 or 3 co axle wires.  From the control panel to the place in the living room where the stereo is located and where the speaker wire pairs run there is available and unused 2 Cat 5e, 2 Cat 6 and 3 co axle wires.

Any thoughts?

merlin_2