Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows wont load.  (Read 4252 times)

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows wont load.
    « on: April 02, 2011, 01:24:56 AM »
    So this is my problem. I am running Windows 7 ( A bought copy) with 4 GB RAM and using Nvidia GEForce 9600 GT as a video card, not sure about some other stuff though. My computer got stuck while playing a game so I restarted the computer, then it asked me if i want to launch startup repair or to start windows normally, if i choose "start windows normally" it would get me stuck on "starting windows" and show me the windows logo. The "busy" LED on my computer goes red and my computer gets stuck, and I cant do anything. If I chose startup repair it would go through some loading procedures and get stuck on a black screen, again I cant do anything and the "busy" LED goes red. I used NOD32 trial version and I did scans pretty much daily. So I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows, This time I installed Kaspersky Internet Security (Yes, I did buy it), to make sure I dont have a virus. And after 1 day I turned my computer off for the night and on the next morning I got the same problem again. Im pretty sure its not a virus and my computer isnt so old, I bought it about 1 year ago. Please help me!

Update:
    OK this just happeded: I left my computer running for a few hours while its stuck at "Starting Windows" and it suddenly stated a disk check. The disk check failed, im not sure what was the error because it diappeared a few minutes later and a black screen appeared. Ofcourse Im now stuck at that black screen... :'(  Can anyone help me please? ???
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:57:36 AM by efizav »

Salmon Trout

Re: Windows wont load.
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:19:36 AM »
    The symptoms you descibe, and especially this...

The disk check failed

... make me think that the hard drive containing the operating system has either failed or is in the process of doing so. All things considered, you should probably take it to a repair shop, unless you know somebody good at hardware stuff.

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:37:06 AM »
      Thanks, I shall send it for repairs in a couple of days. If anyone has an easier/cheaper solution please tell me.

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 03:19:20 AM »
        I restarted my computer and this time after being stuck for a few hours on "Starting Windows" as usual, it began deleting index entries  :o
        Is this normal?

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:18:18 AM »
        being stuck for a few hours on "Starting Windows"

deleting index entries

The deleting index entries message is from the Windows disk checking program, CHKDISK, which runs automatically at startup if a disk error flag has been set previously.

Both these things point to a damaged or faulty hard drive. I suppose you might have faulty RAM which is leading to file corruption but my money's on the HDD.

Is this normal?

No. See above.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 04:22:07 AM »
        If anyone has an easier/cheaper solution please tell me.

You could try praying, or maybe a magic spell... Or buy a new hard drive of a suitable type and fit it yourself.

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 04:45:07 AM »
          Thanks, everyone.

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »
            I solved it, the problem was connected to over-heating and a bunch of dust. Now this is a cheap solution... Though my computers still seems to be abit strugling i would love getting an advise about lowering the power usage.

gvstn

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
              « Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »
              Try a HD diagnostic.  http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 Using the type you download and burn to CD are the best for running on the HD you have your operating system installed on. 

If the Long/Extended test comes up OK then you can fairly confidently rule out a bad HD.

Also, it sounds like chkdsk may have never successfully completed.  You could try running that again.  Computer>right-click the C: drive and go with just the first box checked.  Let it reboot and perform the test.  If it checks out OK go back and do it again but  check both boxes and see if it completes successfully.

efizav

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:29 PM »
                Problems again...
                My computer worked perfectly for a few days but then i suddenly got the blue screen of death. Now when i try to turn on my computer it just says "A disk reading error hac occured, press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart" or something familiar and the operating system wont load. Im going to try to format again unless anyone knows what to do and has a better idea.

Allan

• Mastermind
                • Experience: Guru
                « Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 05:37:14 AM »
                Just replace the hard drive.