Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Excel or word making reciepts  (Read 2214 times)

redfridaygirl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Excel or word making reciepts
    « on: April 06, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
    Hi, I am sorry if this isn't posted in the correct section, I am new at forums. I was wondering if someone might be able to help me or guide me where to source help. I am building a database for a charitable foundation. I am looking to be able to make and print receipts for when someone makes a donation. Here is what I am looking to build and every receipt must populate or generate a new number on the page.

Foundation Logo
    Name and Address of foundation                                                    Receipt #  (every receipt is by Project –so NSS2011     00001)

Received:          ---------------------$xxxx.xxx-------------------------------------------------------------------00/xx $____________________

Name:          __________________________________

Address:        The name and address have to fit into a windowed envelope

So there is no need to write out the address or do up a label                   

Registered Charitable No.. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                 Signed by

Canada Revenue Agency www.cra.gc.ca/charities                                                     ______________________________________

We have to have duplicate receipts, probably 4 receipts to a page  - Receipt original as laid out above goes to donor
    Same receipt so as you are filling in original the second one is populating, but this one will have a duplicate watermark on it
    Receipt original – 4 on a page (1 original at top, perforated/then duplicate, then another original and duplicate. I hope this makes sense and I am hoping someone might be able to help me out.

Thanks Becky.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Excel or word making reciepts
    « Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 01:14:18 PM »
    I am building a database for a charitable foundation ...
    Database is a key word here.  Do you have Microsoft Access?  Are you familiar with it?  I believe it would really be the best tool for your purpose. 

Do you work for the Canadian government?  I get that impression from the link you posted.  If so, do you have an internal IT support section that could assist you with this?

redfridaygirl

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:18 PM »
      I don't work for the goverment I spoke to canada revenu and was told this was the information that had to apprear on our reciepts. I am building the database with MS Access right now. Just figured out the whole receipt thing. It isn't exactly what I am looking for but I think that it will do :) I really appreciate your help and the reply.

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:10:46 PM »
      You're welcome.  Stop back anytime.   :)