Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Where's My Hard Drive Space?  (Read 13963 times)

Goku

Where's My Hard Drive Space?
« on: June 27, 2004, 02:09:14 PM »
I have a computer that I built from scratch and was working fine. One day I used System Restore to undo, (I put a game on there, but didn't have my virus software on it). I noticed that about 8GB more was used on my 80GB hard drive. I rolled back the last restore to find that about 8GB or so more was gone. I did this again ( which I should have learned by now  ::)) and once again more space was gone. In all about 27GB or so of space is gone. What did system restore do, and how can I fix it?

syntax_21

Re: Where's My Hard Drive Space?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 08:59:30 PM »
Hehehe,  ;D... This is actually my first time to encounter such condition...

Let me see, if I were you... I will use the scandisk method if I haven't seen what consumes my storage capacity in my hard drive... in that case... the disk space reported will be repaired and correctly displayed...

and if this would not do... i'll try the disk clean-up method...

the above methods can be found in the Properties of the hard drive if you are using Windows as your OS...

Raptor

Re: Where's My Hard Drive Space?
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 05:06:05 AM »
I read somewhere that disabling system recovery and then resetting, will bring back the missing disk space. You can then turn it on again.

I never tried this, though.