Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Table in HTML  (Read 4325 times)

Enguerrand

Table in HTML
« on: April 13, 2011, 03:31:34 PM »
Ref: www.fedbens.us

On my above site, I have ads on the left, ads on the right, and content in the middle.  I did this using frames.  But there are problems with frames.  Now I would like to use a table for these three, but I'm having a hard time.  My content in the middle is ALREADY a table, and maybe it is not possible to have a table within a table (?).  Also, maybe I cannot do what I want because the table setup is designed for just one row at a time (?).

Anyway, will you please take a look at my site, and see what you think?  I suspect either it cannot be done at all, or it can be done and it is simple.  Ha!  Or perhaps there is another way?

Thank you.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Table in HTML
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
You can put tables in tables. No problem.
Use a WYSIWYG and make it easy on yourself.
Sea Monkey is both browser and a WYSIWYG editor.
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/    8)

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:01:07 AM »
I would advise using CSS instead of tables and frames, and I would always advise against a WYSIWYG editor aswell.

Mcallums

• Tresure Hunt Clues
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 02:06:19 AM »
please i want some example how i can use css in html table..
i want to change table in my personal project. i have little idea about css language so please help...
thanks in advance..

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 06:38:21 AM »

please i want some example how i can use css in html table..
i want to change table in my personal project. i have little idea about css language so please help...
thanks in advance..

You need to start your own thread as hijacking someones elses thread is bad forum etiquette
11 cheers for binary !

2x3i5x

Expert
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »
I think Microsoft Expression Web 4 does well. It has a WYSIWYG editor and a HTML editor (where you can actually edit your HTML code itself) built into one, so you can do both.

By the way, it is free if you get it from link I listed above.

Also may want to look at this w3school css tutorial part regarding tables, good source for information, if you're willing to look into the actual codings instead of letting an editor do it all for you.

Vidya123

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 03:07:20 AM »
The <table> tag defines an HTML table.

A simple HTML table consists of the table element and one or more tr, th, and td elements.

The tr element defines a table row, the th element defines a table header, and the td element defines a table cell.

A more complex HTML table may also include caption, col, colgroup, thead, tfoot, and tbody elements.
Promote your hair growth with
argan oil