Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Acribis Backup Video Ad.  (Read 5850 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Acribis Backup Video Ad.
« on: April 22, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »
Acribis Backup Video Ad.
This is a recommendation to watch an advertisement from Acronis, a software company.

No, not a recommendation to buy their product.
Instead, a recommendation to watch their advertisement video.

It'll only take you about three minutes of your time and it helps people be aware of the importance of having a backup method. It is a low key, a low pressure advertisement that portrays ordinary people who are intelligent and productive but somewhat complacent when it comes to backing up information on their laptops. Would that apply to you?
Here is the video.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
(Scroll down to see the video)

I think the product is very overpriced. Yet on the other hand, what value would you put on everything you've worked on for the past six months? Most likely a lot more than the $50 they're asking for the program.

My personal recommendation is not worth much. I'm not in your category. I am an old retired technician /programmer that learned long ago to have a backup thing. I never was smart enough to get by without nit.

Recommendation:
Either have backup plan,
Chance  encounter blackout ban.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Acribis Backup Video Ad.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 05:30:11 PM »
It can be had for $23.99 U.S.  every day via their site...so the price quoted is misleading at best...
The Free alternative that accomplishes the same thing and is easy to use would be Macrium Reflect.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Salmon Trout

Re: Acribis Backup Video Ad.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2011, 06:21:18 AM »
Windows 7 has Image Backup built in.