Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't boot up  (Read 2960 times)

Slayer666

Computer won't boot up
« on: April 26, 2011, 06:44:23 PM »
hi, I just install a Intel D945GPM Intel 945G Socket 775 mATX Motherboard w/Video, Audio & LAN

It starts but I don't see any video and can't get into the bios... no error and beep codes. The screen is black

All fans are running cpu fan, psu fan

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=D945GPMLKR-OEM&cat=MBB

4gb ram 2gb pentium 775 socket

Thanks again :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:55:47 PM by Slayer666 »

Quantos

Guru
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer won't boot up
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »
Take it apart and redo the assembly, chances are that's the error.
Evil is an exact science.

Slayer666

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:33:02 PM »
can it be my psu.. I do believe some psu won't work with some processors.

not really sure just telling you what i saw ... first time I heard of it. http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-010254.htm#powersupplyissues

here is my case
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CS308RD&cat=CAS

I'm saying this because I hope it is not the CPU...please
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:57:08 PM by Slayer666 »

Lumpy44

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:17:55 PM »
If redoing the put together doesn't work I'd look at the video card.
I have heard of the mobo and PSU not being compatible but never encountered it. Some deep research might be needed
Is there a fan on the video card  (if you have one) check if it is running?
Is the screen completely black like its off or does it turn on and just not display anything?
Could be something easy like how the computer is put together or some compatibility issue

Slayer666

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
no, Im pretty sure its the cpu only because I transfer my cpu from my old pc and that was giving the same issues.... I didn't care to check it out at the time because i was upgrading the btx form factor to a ATX form factor so i can play games. My BTX form factor case was black when started and I couldn't get into the bios... just the same as the atx form factor.

AS for as I was concern I said to myself who cares about the old pc... Im getting a new a better one so I didn't check to see what the problem was at the time.
I was hoping the problem would be something else and I was in complete Denial  when I knew the problem was staring right in front of me. 

Now I could be wrong and it could be the new motherboard but I Doubt it .  I just didn't feel like waiting a week for the cpu so instead I ask dum air head question and pray I'm wrong.  :-[

I'll let you know if I was correct or not.

Thanks for the Response! :)