Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD/DVD burner isn't showing up anymore  (Read 3113 times)

frustrated

CD/DVD burner isn't showing up anymore
« on: August 21, 2005, 01:34:28 PM »
The CD/DVD burner was working until I was trying to burn songs from itunes and the computer froze and the burner wasn't working.  Then I tried to save some jpeg files and there is nothing there to save them to the hardrive.  It's like it isn't there anymore and I don't know what happened, why or where it has gone.  Please help!

Raptor

Re: CD/DVD burner isn't showing up anymore
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 02:09:10 PM »
Then I tried to save some jpeg files and there is nothing there to save them to the hardrive.  

You are going to have to be more specific.

Dr Wahab

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    « Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 03:05:48 PM »
    Well I think you must be simple and specific. Try to mention more detail about your computer, software you are using for burning CDs and about your CD/DVD burner. Are you sure that you have DVD burner?
    Bye...ee....
    do take care of you and others

frustrated

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:50:27 PM »
    I right clicked on my computer in the start menu and went to properties which brought me to hardware and device manager.  It says DVD/CD-ROM drives there are two exclamation points at NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A and SAMSUNG CD-ROM SC-148C.  I was told I should uninstall these things and restart the computer.  I have windows XP and that it should recognize this and automatically reinstall the drives.  But it didn't work.  The exclamation points were there before I unistalled them and are still there.  Yes I do have a burner I have used it many times and it has worked until now.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 06:53:09 PM »
    What error code is given?

frustrated

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 09:27:33 PM »
    This is what I get.

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

The drives aren't showing up in the removable drive devices either.  I don't know what happened.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 03:42:21 AM »
    Be certain they are enabled in the BIOS.

cjkgmgod

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 04:36:39 AM »
    After you check the BIOS, make sure to uninstall and reinstall your software you are using.  Had a similar problem with my laptop, but I removed the program I was using, and actually installed a newer version and it worked perfectly.

Also check for any BIOS updates that might have been released ;)