Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: help connecting pc to lcd tv via HDMI  (Read 4949 times)

thealkamist101

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    help connecting pc to lcd tv via HDMI
    « on: May 21, 2011, 03:09:59 AM »
    Ok ill start by listing my system specs:

Intel core i5 3.2ghz
    4gb RAM
    Windows 7
    ATI radeon HD 5500 series
    TV- LOGIK LCD TV ***LINK*** http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1C1DSGL_enGB428GB428&q=logik+hd+ready+lcd+19inch&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16922295863805658213&sa=X&ei=toDXTcibDISGhQfuzLnPBg&ved=0CD8Q8gIwAw#
    Ok so when i connect my tv to my pc through a hdmi to hdmi not dvi adapter or anything, i get an awful quality but i get sound perfectly, so i tried all the available resolutions but still no luck, i CAN read and see the screen but it just looks well not hd, hard to explain, im afraid changing res is as far as my skills go.
    So any help would be greatly aprreciated
    thanks
    tom

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: help connecting pc to lcd tv via HDMI
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 04:13:28 AM »
    The link says:
    [£120 new from 2 sellers
    The Logik L19DIGB10 19" HD Ready LCD TV is a great-value television with a High Definition screen. This LCD television offers a useful array of features at a remarkably low price! For example, in addition to the digital Freeview tuner for watching your favourite TV programmes, the Logik L19DIGB10 includes a USB port for adding USB storage to record and playback programmes at your convenience. Connectivity options are also surprisingly generous in the Logik L19DIGB10 19" HD Ready LCD TV . An HDMI connector supports high-quality pictures from a Blu-ray player or modern game console, while component, composite, and SCART connectors support older devices. Affordable need not mean cheap, as the Logik L19DIGB10 19" HD Ready LCD TV proves! | Electronics > TV > LCD TVs
    /quote]
    Basically it is a HD ready TV. The HDMI connector is for the output of a Blu-rat  player.
    The manual for the card you have should explain what options you have to pick.
    http://www.filetypepdf.net/234/ati-radeon%E2%84%A2-hd-5500-manual/
    The manual specifies what adapters and connectors you can use, but there does not seem to be specific info about how to adjust the quality. This may have to do with which driver you have installed. Have you adjusted resolution for the external monitor using the utilities provided in Windows 7 for display options?

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert

vyper

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »
      have you tried changing the resolutions on your tv?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 05:36:41 AM »
      Huh?

thealkamist101

Topic Starter

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 06:26:08 AM »
        Yes i have tried changing res on catalyst c center and the tv also just on windows display but still no luck