Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Maxtor Personal Storage 3200  (Read 4018 times)

C.Schiffer

Maxtor Personal Storage 3200
« on: May 22, 2011, 03:13:17 AM »
Maxtor Personal Storage  Serial number 3200.
 I lost the cable that connexts the Maxtor to a powerpoint (electricity). Where can I get one ?Thank you.

Salmon Trout

Re: Maxtor Personal Storage 3200
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:18:17 AM »
Maxtor Personal Storage  Serial number 3200.
 I lost the cable that connexts the Maxtor to a powerpoint (electricity). Where can I get one ?Thank you.

Given the amount of information you have given about your location, I think the only practical answer would be "in a shop", but I suspect that is not what you wanted to read. Did you mean the adapter or just the lead?

Typing "Maxtor Personal Storage 3200 power adapter" into Google brought up the following information:

The requirement is for an output of 12 volts. 3 Amps is sufficient current. Amazon have plenty of listings for such devices suitable for the Maxtor 3200. In fact this type of adapter is used for many external USB drives, LCD monitors, etc.

But wait...

Study this picture and if you want the item numbered "2"...

...then what you want is called a "Figure 8 cable (or lead)". As you will gather, they are available with different connectors at the wall outlet end depending on your country. As you will also gather, they are very widely available and any big electronics store will have them.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 04:10:23 AM by Salmon Trout »

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »
    ST, It may be just my browser --i use Opera 11.11 (latest version) i am not displaying any pictures in your reply #1. I do have some problems occasionally with pictures (usually misplaced on some web sites- also known to the web site author as an issue with Opera) so maybe this is another case of that. Others may wish to comment. truenorth

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »
    Looks good in FireFox 3.6

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 10:46:18 AM »
    ST, It may be just my browser --i use Opera 11.11 (latest version) i am not displaying any pictures in your reply #1. I do have some problems occasionally with pictures (usually misplaced on some web sites- also known to the web site author as an issue with Opera) so maybe this is another case of that. Others may wish to comment. truenorth

It's an issue with photobucket.....way slow today.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
      Ok here now also. At time of my initial comment i had left the page open for at least 5 mins. with no pictures. truenorth