Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” error.  (Read 2554 times)

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

CPU : Intel Core i5 2300 2.8GHz
    Video Card: GTS 450 1GB
    Motherboard:  Gigabyte GA-PH67-UD3 H67
    Ram: Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
    Harddrive:    Samsung F1 1TB
    PSU: Corsair 650W TX Series
    Case:Coolermaster Elite 430
    Operating System: Windows 7  pro 64Bit
    Screen: LG 19 inch 5ms

Basically over the last week or so , my screen has been switching itself off and turning itself back on , if it manages to turn back on i get windows 7 stating it has recovered the driver but it still continues to do the same thing i was stable for around a week until now.

Computer completely custom built , built around a month ago , gfx card is about a year old now , temperatures seem very stable no overclocks on my system at all apart from the factory overclock that came with the card attempted to reduce the core speed and memory speed to its default value no change.

Done the usual virus scans just to make sure nothing has attached itself to my drivers , clean as a whistle , all i want to know is is my gpu dying and is my screen dying?
    "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered” error.
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 04:07:23 PM »
    First step, reinstall video driver.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 04:08:56 PM »
      First step, reinstall video driver.

Ye ive done that , ive tried plenty of drivers should of mentioned that really >.<
      "Big Brother in the form of an increasingly powerful government and in an increasingly powerful private sector will pile the records high with reasons why privacy should give way to national security, to law and order [...] and the like." - Justice William O. Douglas

Broni

Mastermind
      • Kraków my love :)
        • Computer Help Forum
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »
      What do you mean by "plenty of drivers"?
      Normally, there is only one correct driver.

T-Rex

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »
        What do you mean by "plenty of drivers"?
        Normally, there is only one correct driver.

Thats incorrect for one :/ There may be one driver that has more fixes than any other but more often than not a lot of older drivers tend to be more stable on older games and in my case i play older games.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---NVIDIA-GeForce--Vista-|-7_c32.html

Thats a list of more or less every driver released for windows vista/64/32 bit systems , the owner decides the stability by testing it in game.

Oh and just so you know i have tried the latest nvidia drivers , and they make things 100x worse.