Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Card driver needed? Don't know what I need..  (Read 4458 times)

jessie_0011

Sound Card driver needed? Don't know what I need..
« on: August 17, 2005, 08:40:37 PM »
I have absolutely no sound! I've got windows 2000, and the little yellow speaker icon that's supposed to be in the system tray in the bottom right hand corner, isn't there at all...I have no idea what kind of sound card I have, or who the manufacturer is. Can someone please, PLEASE help me with this problem?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Sound Card driver needed? Don't know what I ne
    « Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 09:56:23 PM »
    Stick to 1 thread.
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:04:27 PM by Fed »

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 03:23:42 AM »
    Stick to 1 thread.

I've got windows 2000

Be careful, Fed, you won't have many friends left once they see the light and use Windows XP.  ;D ;)

ojas25

Apprentice

• My Computer World
      « Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 08:17:42 AM »
      I have absolutely no sound! I've got windows 2000, and the little yellow speaker icon that's supposed to be in the system tray in the bottom right hand corner, isn't there at all...I have no idea what kind of sound card I have, or who the manufacturer is. Can someone please, PLEASE help me with this problem?

Download a free program from Bellarc.com it will you what you have on your computer.
      Computers are my hobby and my income love working with computers

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 01:29:24 PM »
      This may help type dxdiag in the run box........it will tell you what sound you have........