Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Networking  (Read 5630 times)

Andrew

Networking
« on: March 22, 2004, 09:28:15 PM »
I recently had to completley reinstall Windows XP on one of the computers on my home network.  I thought that the USB adapter would detect the network automatically because the settings on the router were not touched.  Well I was wrong.  I have lost my settings and I have absolutley no clue how to set up my wireless home network. Thanks

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Networking
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 09:37:00 PM »
Andrew it is likely you may need to reinstall the drivers and/or software that came with the router. If this is a router provided by your ISP or your bandwidth provider it is also possible that you will have to contact them in order to setup the network again.

Unfortunately however I can’t provide much more details, as I don’t know what type of router you are using. In addition reinstalling Windows XP should generally not affect the router, it's also just possible that your network / USB is not setup in Windows XP.
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein