Software > Internet browsers

HELP  DNS ERRORS when I try to purchase anyti

(1/2) > >>

kathleen hadder:
Hi there, I am trying to renew my subscription on my daughters computer for Norton Antivirus.  I went to the norton site and tried to purchase the download for 2004 antivirus protections and when I choose "checkout"  it goes to the screen that says " dns error, cannot find server, try refresh".  I thought there was a problem with their site but then I went to McAfee and went through the whole process of purchasing but when I pressed "checkout" the same thing happened.  I tried Gap.com and tried to purchase a shirt and when I tried to purchase it went to that screen.  It's like there is a virus that stops you from buying anything!  Meanwhile my daughters computer is not protected from viruses.  Any ideas? ???

Raptor:
Erase cookies and cache.

Go to: Extra -> Internet options -> General tab -> Press the delete cookies and delete file(cache) button.

Close your browser, open it, then try again.

kathleen hadder:
I went to Internet options and deleted the cookies and the files... closed the browser. restarted computer. still cannot get it to work when I press "purchase" or "check out" on any site I get the DNS error... any other ideas?

Raptor:
There was no need to restart the computer.

I donot know what could be causing your problem. Did you alter your Internet (security) settings or do they deviate from  standard settings?

Raptor:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000268.htm

This article might be of service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version