Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows vista update  (Read 2340 times)

pogiepnoy

Topic Starter

Rookie

Windows vista update
    « on: June 08, 2011, 04:08:34 PM »
    1. I tried over and over again to update windows but most of the updates fail with multiple error codes! I have windows vista home premium 32bit
    2. Also none of my usb ports can read any devices.  When i plug in my voice recorder i can find it in device manager with a yellow warning sign next to it. The device does not show up on disk management either. When i try to update the driver it still fails to do anything. Please help.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:14:37 PM by Allan »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Windows vista update
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
    I deleted your log. If you suspect malware please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

pogiepnoy

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 07:14:00 PM »
      if i were to suspect malware then i would have posted it originally right?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 09:56:09 PM »
      1. I tried over and over again to update windows but most of the updates fail with multiple error codes! I have windows vista home premium 32bit
      What error codes or messages? Usually updates are task scheduled by default or automatic.
      2. Also none of my usb ports can read any devices
      You could try reinstalling USB root hubs under device manager. Did this happen suddenly or any changes, updates that could have cause the problem?
      if i were to suspect malware then i would have posted it originally right?

While windows updates makes a computer more safe, fixing security holes or patches along with a good antivirus, firewall and antispyware.malware scanner for support, a virus infection such as rootkits and rogue programs could certainly make certain windows functions alter or be corrupted. This may have come before or currently with the failed updates, so any probable infections is a possibility.