Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallation  (Read 11130 times)

Curtis Wolff

Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallation
« on: June 29, 2004, 03:04:25 PM »
Okay, so I'm trying to uninstall my Intel 82810E Graphics Controller so I can put in Radeon 9200 thing into the computer.  However, I can't find out how to uninstall the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller, because it's built into the system, and I can not physically take it out.  I've put in the new card, disabled the old one, but th old one keeps coming back  ??? The Radeon 9200 is physically in, but the instructiosn say to uninstall other video drivers.  So I click the "uninstall" button on the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller, which reboots the machine.  It appears uninstalled as I install the new radeon card, as the screen is all messed up.  But when I reboot afte "installing" the new card, I come back with the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller now installed again, the radeon not installed.  How do I take the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller out of the system for good?

Raptor

Re: Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallatio
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 06:32:59 AM »
Disable your onboard graphic cards in your BIOS.

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 04:21:34 PM »
Okay, but how do I open up the bios?  I looked it up, and t said when my manufactuers logo (IBM) comes onto the screen when starting computer, press a certain button (for me, F1) and you will get to the bios.  However, in my windows XP, the IBM logo does not come up.  I've tried pressing F1 during the Windows XP logo, but no luck.

Is there another way to get there?

Please help, thank-you  :)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:19:29 AM »
Press the F1 button as soon as your computer starts up.