Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: internet through phone  (Read 2753 times)

Dustin13838

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
internet through phone
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:26 PM »
i have the samsung rouge. i noticed that it had modem capibilities so i downloaded vz access manager. i installed the drivers for the phone from samsung .com. i restarted the comp. then when i went to connect to the verizon connection and it said it : cnnection failed-connection not available. then i tried it through the windows network connector in the tray it said the the remote access connection manager service could not start. so i went to services and tried to start it manually and it was part of a group and there were services that needed to be running. so i checked telephony : it was running. the i checked the secure socket tunneling protocol service: it was not running and would not start. so i set the services to automatic at start up and the connection will still not work.  The computer is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit laptop.  Please Help Me. ???

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Experience: Guru
Re: internet through phone
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »
Check with Verizon that you actually have a plan that includes a data connection. If not, that would be the first problem.

Most providers will give you some guidance on how to make it work as well, so while you've got them on the phone...

Dustin13838

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »
I want to know first why the remote access connection manager and secure socket tunneling protocol services wont start. then i will check with verizon if i have a plan that includes data connection

Dustin13838

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:51:59 PM »
I checked and i have a data plan