Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: repeat signing in.  (Read 9330 times)

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

repeat signing in.
    « on: June 13, 2011, 02:13:25 AM »
    I use windows xp. I am having to sign-in (username/password) every time i click a page. My yahoo mail is weird, i have to sign-in every page.
    If I write on a page and send, regardless of which website - i again have to sign-in. Often losing the page and having to start all over again.
    This seemed to start from downloading Firefox 4. ????
    I also think some emails are not getting through to me. I have full AVG security.
    Thanks

truenorth

Guru

Re: repeat signing in.
      « Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »
      In Firefox delete all installed "add-ons" then see if the problem stops. Then you can install the add-ons one at a time until the offending one occurs and do keep that one. You could also try another browser.truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
      Or simply run Firefox in it's built in safemode from the Programs menu which disables all addons...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
        My apologies to the O/P i see a typo got past the editorial board  ;D. Where i say "do keep that one" it should have said do NOT keep that one. truenorth

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 02:50:22 AM »
        This seemed to start from downloading Firefox 4. ?
        If you had auto sign in or remember passwords or pages set previously on those account on the earlier version of FF, then you would loose those on the next upgrade. Try using another antivirus for your other issues to check on FF4 and AVG compatibilities. Use an AVG remover/uninstaller. Try free Avira or Avast.

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:39:06 AM »
          Hello,
                    I have had enough, this is my last attempt to resolve this matter. Here goes > When using YAHOO I have to log in again and again, I type some work and when I press "send" I have to start all over again as it goes to "LOG IN" and my work is lost. I have asked many people about resolving this including YAHOO it was like pulling teeth. Can any one please help, its driving me mad. Also because the responses talk to you as if you are a computer expert, if I was I would be able to solve the problem ??
          I also get a message "you are using an incompatible browser" when starting up Facebook - sometimes it comes on but mostly it does not - I am using Firefox 3 - tried Firefox 4 but my computer when doo lally tap.
          I am using windows XP - Laptop, Acer aspire.
          Thanks for any help.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »

Have you tried any of the above replies???
          11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 11:57:43 AM »
            Thanks for replying - the trouble is i am not very clever with computers and dont understand the replies, sorry - I need to be "talked" through it because when I do what has been said i am confused.
            thanks again

Allan

• Mastermind
            • Experience: Guru
            « Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »
            You came here asking for help. You received several suggestions. But rather than try any of them you did nothing and then came back and said you are fed up and asked for more help.

It's your choice - either follow the advice or don't, but please don't keep posting the same question if you don't do anything. If you don't understand a suggestion either say so or use Google: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe%20Mode

We'll be happy to give you as much support as you need, but please don't waste our time. Thank you.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 12:03:50 PM »

In Firefox delete all installed "add-ons" then see if the problem stops. Then you can install the add-ons one at a time until the offending one occurs and do keep that one. You could also try another browser.truenorth

Open firefox, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
            11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 11:19:07 PM »
              Thanks Reddevilggg - will try that.

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
                Allen - "Fed up" refers to MY attempts at trying to solve this matter - NOT the good support from the helpers on this excellent site.
                I note your direct tone and will communicate better.

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:59 PM »
                  Hello Reddevilggg,
                                                 Have clicked help but dont see the link you say - I am using XP.
                  thanks

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 04:43:25 AM »

Ok, click on the link, scroll down to 'For Firefox' and follow the instructions

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-start-firefox-and-internet-explorer-without-add-ons/
                  11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
                    Hello,
                               Clicked on that but got my email page after following the instructions. Did not get a window with box to tick.
                    thanks.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 11:07:39 AM »
                      It is my feeling that you are even now still NOT able to either understand or follow what those of us trying to help you are trying to have YOU do. So let us see if that is right. When YOU write "Clicked on that" in your last posting what is the "that" in reference to?truenorth

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:43 AM »
                        Hello, Sorry, I clicked on the link stated by reddevilggg. But worse has happened. When I was logging-in (separate action)  a window showed asking me to configure my id and password I followed the instructions Btinternet.com now I can not log in to anything have lost my email page yet I followed exactly what was asked by BT. i/e confirmed my name address secret question etc and changed my password - now it will not log in when using the new password. just a red message stating "id or password incorrect".
                        thanks for your help.
                        Will system restore put me back to before i changed my password etc - will I get my email page back.??

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 06:03:46 AM »
                        shamrock9, as you can see by reading the link below
                        http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/how-to-start-firefox-and-internet-explorer-without-add-ons/

it is NOT a link to your email page, if that link has sent you to your email page then there is something else happening with your PC.

First, close all browsers and follow these instructions. (it would be best to write this down)

If you press  the 'Windows button + R' at the same time a box saying 'Run' pops up.

In the box where it says 'Open' type 'Firefox -Safe-mode' (without the apostrophes) and click OK

Another box will pop up. Check the option that says 'Disable all add-ons'

Now click Make changes and Restart.

Once your PC has restarted, see if the problem persists.
                        11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 06:31:58 AM »
                          Thanks reddevilgg - did what you said Ok and got the box asking for username and password for BT Yahoo which is for emails - however I think i have further messed up things because of - see last post by me -  sorry for this i thought it was yahoos legitimate request to reset the log-in situation. ???
                          I am grateful for your help and patience and am not deliberately awkward.
                          Would system restore set me back to better times or has changing password etc compromised what i want to happen.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2011, 08:43:22 AM »

If you are trying to rectify your problem and then following the advice, how are we supposed to know if the advice it works??

Let start back at the beginning

click on the link and follow the instructions for 'Lost Password' , write everything down, your Email address, password and security answer. Then sign in.

Are you still having your original problem (having to re-sign in)?
                          11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:22 PM »
                            Did what you said and now it is all OK - but only after several attempts - doing the same thing ?? 
                            Thanks for your help I really appreciate your time on this. I have many talents - but computers ????????!!!!!!!

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2011, 03:43:49 PM »

Did what you said and now it is all OK - but only after several attempts - doing the same thing ?? 

I dont understand this. Do you mean you can sign in, but still have the original problem?
                            11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 04:33:03 AM »
                              I have my email page back. But I still have to sign in every time I click to move on to another page by yahoo, for example I log in for emails, thats Ok but when i move (click) to another page the box asking for username and id comes up again, so i have to log in again. In doing this i lose all work i have typed.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 05:34:08 AM »

Ok, now, as mentioned before, go in to Safe mode and disable all add-ons in firefox, see if the problems persists.

I
                              11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 04:53:22 PM »
                                I did exactly as you said - my email page appeared. ???

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 04:56:55 AM »

I did exactly as you said - my email page appeared. ???

It may well do, but do you keep haveing to sign in?? You are going to have to be more specific and descriptive in your replies, else this process will take twicw as long.
                                11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 11:51:28 PM »
                                  Current state > I use yahoo mail, which now no longer gives me problems.
                                  I also use a yahoo forum helping people with legal problems and advising young Boxers on technique - this was working OK I only had to log in at the start but then I developed a problem in that I have to log-in again and again, so, I log-in to start with do my typing etc press the send button but up comes the log-in page again!!!  Any stuff I had typed is lost - in effect I am starting again.
                                  Thanks for sticking with me on this.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 05:23:02 AM »

Have you tried a different browser ??
                                  11 cheers for binary !

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 12:57:51 PM »
                                    Yes, problem is i use a ISP for English television as I live in Crete Greece. and chrome is not compatible and the problems seem to start when i upgraded to firefox 5 ??
                                    What do you recommend and will it be a big job with little problems to sort out.??

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 06:16:54 PM »
                                      I am confused in your initial post you said "This seemed to start from downloading Firefox 4" then in your last post you say "i upgraded to firefox 5 ".I am not sure but i think FF is currently providing version 4 as it's current latest version. However please tell us WHAT VERSION of FF you have on your computer now? Next question given that you upgraded from something before whatever you have now--what was it? Did you have any problems with it as you are having now? Where i am going with these questions is if you had an earlier version and it did not have issues then why not go back to that version. It seems because of your geographic location and your paramount use of the computer it might serve your personal circumstances to go back to what worked previously. truenorth

shamrock9

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:11 AM »
                                        You are right to be confused (my fault)
                                        I had FF 3.6 upgraded to FF4 thats the time i got problems - I then went back to FF3.6 now my only problems are
                                        (1) I keep getting the log-in box each time i change pages in Yahoo.
                                        (2) when I start up I get a full page of add-ons on the screen.

I did upgrade to FF5 in the meantime in trying to solve it myself - but compatibility became an issue so went back to FF3.6.
                                        Now using FF3.6 as stated above.