Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallation  (Read 11382 times)

Curtis Wolff

Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallation
« on: June 29, 2004, 03:05:55 PM »
Okay, so I'm trying to uninstall my Intel 82810E Graphics Controller so I can put in Radeon 9200 thing into the computer.  However, I can't find out how to uninstall the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller, because it's built into the system, and I can not physically take it out.  I've put in the new card, disabled the old one, but th old one keeps coming back   The Radeon 9200 is physically in, but the instructiosn say to uninstall other video drivers.  So I click the "uninstall" button on the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller, which reboots the machine.  It appears uninstalled as I install the new radeon card, as the screen is all messed up.  But when I reboot afte "installing" the new card, I come back with the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller now installed again, the radeon not installed.  How do I take the Intel 82810E Graphics Controller out of the system for good?

merlin

Re: Intel 82810E Graphics Controller Uninstallatio
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 03:23:24 PM »
go into the bios del and disable onboard graphics and ...load the drivers first for your rad card..and reboot then shutdown and place your card in when your pc reboot it will pick up the drivers for your card hth....
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 03:31:14 PM by merlin »

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 04:22:22 PM »
Okay, but how do I open up the bios?  I looked it up, and t said when my manufactuers logo (IBM) comes onto the screen when starting computer, press a certain button (for me, F1) and you will get to the bios.  However, in my windows XP, the IBM logo does not come up.  I've tried pressing F1 during the Windows XP logo, but no luck.

Is there another way to get there?

Please help, thank-you  :)

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:14:32 AM »
Press F1 as soon as your computer turns on.

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 09:53:55 AM »
Okay, I think I've tryed that before, but I'll do it again.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 09:55:44 AM »
Keep pressing the F1 button (Donot hold it down) until a blue screen appears.

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:31:16 AM »
Okay, so I'm at the BIOS but i can't find the disable onboard grpahics option.  I looked undr all titles and sub titles and sub catergories, whatever.  I cant seem to find it there.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 10:35:18 AM »
It may not be called what you are looking for.

Graphics controller, videocard, onboard periphal video, etc.

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 12:45:43 PM »
Okay, I'm looking at possible areas where this option could be:

Devices and I/O Ports --->
Video Setup --->
(Options under this are:)
Polette Snooping (Disabled)
Video Interrupt (Enabled)
Shared System Memory (1MB)
Select Active Video (PCI)

also:

Devices and I/O Ports --->
IDE Hard Disk Drive 0 --->
IDE Read Prefetch (Disabled)

all other IDE thingys are not there.

I have no idea what to look for, I looked up Graphics controller, videocard, onboard periphal video.  What else might it be called, and what would it be under?

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 01:52:16 PM »
http://www.computerhope.com/help/bios.htm

I donot have an onboard graphics card. All my onboard periphals are located under the Onboard Periphals option. I have a Phoenix-Award BIOS.

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 02:30:35 PM »
I can't say that mine looks like any of those, but I''ll recheck...

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 03:46:25 PM »
It doesn't seem to have a name, it's just called "Setup" or something like that :( I'm a little confused, I don't know what any of things on there means, or what they might do, and I can't the right option to disable the onboard graphics, or find anything that sounds like it would do that.

merlin

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2004, 03:50:26 PM »
funny that their makers of pc  itself not m£soft have problems? see if this helps>http://www.mysuperpc.com/vcu/insert_video_card.shtml

Curtis Wolff

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2004, 06:18:28 PM »
I don't think it does.  I'm stumped  ???

chade

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2004, 07:08:52 PM »
Curtis,

Most frequently the option to disable onboard video is in a menu called 'Integrated Peripherals' or similar.  It's almost always one of the first menus - usually 3rd or 4th.  However, Since you're on a proprietry system - things may be different.

The menu option you're lookig for will most likely be called:
onboard/integrated +video/VGA/graphics

It should have just two options - enable and disable

It's also possible that you may not be able to disable the onboard video on this machine (who knows what IBM do to their BIOS).  In this case you'll be looking for an option called:
primary/first/initial + display controller/VGA/graphics/video

which will have options similar to:
onboard/integrated, AGP and PCI

This will enable you to set the first display controller the computer will search for when it boots up.