Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help finding replacement power supply fan.  (Read 2249 times)

Doug

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
Help finding replacement power supply fan.
« on: June 19, 2011, 05:43:39 PM »
The model of fan I have now is ADDA, model number AD0812ms-d70.  I sprayed it with some WD40 and got it moving again, but it is still not running smooth.  I want to try a different brand because this one has been making noise for over a year now and I finally have some free time to replace it.  I think the dimensions and fan speed are all I have to be concerned with but, I'm afraid I'll order something that doesn't work or fit.  Could someone help me find a replacement online to order?

hedgehog88

Beginner

Re: Help finding replacement power supply fan.
    « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 07:20:23 PM »
    I checked out the model you have and its an 80x80x25mm size. There are definitely fans of that size, and of all sorts of speed, CFM etc. Can you pretty buy anyone, just be aware of the connector and header as the ones for sale are 3 pins. Your stock one isn't the greatest so whatever you buy will probably be superior. The fan speed is determined by the PSU so you won't have to worry about that.

That being said, I think you're more than capable in finding a replacement on your own. If there's a local computer store around bring it in and they can recommend you one, if they carry that size of course.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Help finding replacement power supply fan.
    « Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:55:15 AM »
    An unplugged PSU carries enough of a jolt to stop a Human heart...you would be better off simply replacing the PSU.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "