Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezes half way while booting  (Read 13893 times)

Red is beautiful

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Computer freezes half way while booting
    « Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 12:38:51 AM »
    I cant believe soo many replays and no real answer.  Ok lets try this,  i have seen this problem before.  This is just a suggestion since i cannot see the problem. 
    try this steps:

1. Change your Bios Battery
    2. Access your Bios and Load Default Values.
    3. Restart your computer, if you still have the problem, try to do it until you get to enter windows.  If you cant then press F8 and load windows in safe mode only. 

4. You didnt mention your OS is it windows xp, server, vista or 7 or other OS?
    4.1.  If vista, xp or 7, enter msdos (cmd.exe).  Right click on cmd.exe and run as administrator.
    5. perform a chkdsk for your hdd.   type:   chkdsk c:
    6. Restart your pc and wait for check disk to complete an repair the hdd. (It is important to do this even if your computer runs fine)
    7. Maybe your hdd is not damaged but still it was  a good idea to do this, your pc may be hot, try taking off the cover  of your pc case and place a fan or turn on your air conditioner to see if perhaps its overheating.
    8. If your computer still runs halfway most likely its a virus, but i wanted to leave this part for the end.
    9. Try formatting or reinstalling your OS, it may just be a virus.  Install a good antivirus like avast or bitdefender, that is just my personal recommendation.
    10.  Another problem could be your ram may be partially damaged.  If noone of the options above work try getting a new ram.  There are other solutions i have in mind but unfortunately i in a rush, just let me know about how everything turned out and i will answer you as soon as possible  8)
    I have windows 7.64 home premium operating system. When I right click cmd.exe I do not get the option to run as administrator. When in DOS mode cmd.exe I type chkdsk c: under C:\Users\Altamash>chkdsk c: and press enter I get a reply telling me " Access  Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode". What does this mean can you "please" explain!. Thank you. :-[   

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 01:33:23 AM »
    Click Start and on Search Programs and Files box, type cmd. Point mouse or arrow key to cmd icon located above just Programs(1) and then right-click.

bestmemoryupgrade

Starter

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 01:42:37 AM »
      i recently upgrade my computer's memory ram and it did actually solved the problem. However, my problem was a bit different though compare to yours. My computer was freezing while working normally...Anyways, that's all i can share... :)
      « Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:24:13 AM by Fed »

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 04:45:07 AM »
      I have windows 7.64 home premium operating system. When I right click cmd.exe I do not get the option to run as administrator. When in DOS mode cmd.exe I type chkdsk c: under C:\Users\Altamash>chkdsk c: and press enter I get a reply telling me " Access  Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges. You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode". What does this mean can you "please" explain!. Thank you. :-[   

You were recommended to ignore that post by a moderator, if you choose to ignore a mod for a newbie, thats your perogitive, but i know what i'd do.

i recently upgrade my computer's memory ram and it did actually solved the problem. However, my problem was a bit different though compare to yours. My computer was freezing while working normally...Anyways, that's all i can share... :)

You can also ignore the above advice, as its not much more than guessing.
      11 cheers for binary !

Red is beautiful

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
        « Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »
        You were recommended to ignore that post by a moderator, if you choose to ignore a mod for a newbie, thats your perogitive, but i know what i'd do.

You can also ignore the above advice, as its not much more than guessing.
        Then what am I supposed to do "wait how long now"  you and the moderators have not given a proper answer or shown good concern as yet. Don't just commenting on others advice. Answer if you know.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 07:30:00 AM »
        People do answer 'when they know' , but just because they 'dont know', does not mean they have not got a eye for 'guesswork'

We are trying to help, but your posts, like the one below, are vague and / or reapetitive at best, and as you can see from the bottom line you said your PC 'is starting normally'    - We're not mind readers.

When booting gets half completed or when the booth download bar shows that booting is half completed the booting stops and my computer freezes. Some times the booting completes and then I get a error message saying " Alert! Previous attempts at booting this system have failed at checkpoint (50)." Then I press F1 or F2 and I am then faced with a blank screen which looks like a blank DOS screen with cursor blinking.
         The you tube videos that I open in multiple tabs don not load all together, once when my desktop suddenly started normally my antivirus program was disabled and my firefox browser hangs sometimes nowadays. Apart from this I have not noticed any new or unusal activity if my computer starts normally.
        Now for the past 3 to 4 shut downs and restarts my computer is starting normally.       
        11 cheers for binary !