Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet is extremely slow wirelessly and no internet with cable plugged in comp  (Read 2464 times)

zach45d

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    i have a 1.5 mbps connection. however, when trying to connect to the internet using the cable directly plugged into the onboard network adapter from the router, i can get no internet access at all.  and that is only the case with the cable going to my room.  I have changed cables and changed ports on the router.  i have also tried using a network adapter.  nothing helped.  right now i am currently connected wirelessly by using my android phone's tethering capabilities.  but my speed is only getting around 25 kbps. and the speed i get with my laptop is the same when it is wireless.  however my two brothers are connected with a direct plugin to their computers and they get full speed.  i cant understand why my cable wont work with my computer or laptop.  and i cant understand why my internet speed is so slow wirelessly.  Please can someone answer one of those questions . i will appriciate any help at all.

Quantos

Guru
    • Veni, Vidi, Vici
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Did the current set up ever work correctly for you? 
    If it did what has changed that you know of?
    Evil is an exact science.

zach45d

Topic Starter

Starter

yes it has always worked before now.
      and as far as im aware of, nothing has really changed that could have done this to my connection

Quantos

Guru
      • Veni, Vidi, Vici
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      I would suggest re-installing the drivers for the NIC and the protocols for both wired and wireless connection.
      Uninstall the existing drivers first, reboot and then install the drivers again.
      Evil is an exact science.

zach45d

Topic Starter

Starter

i have reinstalled the NIC drivers but im not sure what you meant by the protocol drivers .  i only have an intermediate knowledge with computers.  my brother owned a local ISP business and he cant figure out anything either .  ive even tried using ubuntu 10.10 but i encountered the same problem as i did on windows xp and windows 7