Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 3G MODEM NOT FOUND AFTER INSTALL OF WINDOWS 7  (Read 2346 times)

CymruDen

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    3G MODEM NOT FOUND AFTER INSTALL OF WINDOWS 7
    « on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »
    I have bought an Acer Aspire One a751h with an integrated 3G modem.  I received it with a fresh install of Windows 7 and I cannot get the integrated 3G modem to work.  I click on the Acer internet manager and it says the modem is not found.  The 3g switches on fine and it’s lit up so all ready to use but it cannot find the modem.  Can anyone advise me what I need to install and add instructions on what I need to do because I’ve downloaded several drivers to try and none have worked, although I must admit I’m not sure what to do once they are extracted from a zip file?

The info on the side of the box is as follows:-
    A0751h – 52BGk
    MODEL NO: ZA3
    CPU: Intel Atom Processor Z520
    RAM: 1GB DDR2
    STORAGE 160GB

Operating System:-
    Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
    INSTALLED MEMORY (RAM): 2.00 GB
    SYSTEM TYPE: 32-bit Operating System

I hope someone can help as I’ve had it a month now and I’m still no wiser after searching google.   I cannot get online at home at the moment and I’m not back in work until Monday but I can check my e-mails on my phone, if possible would you be able to send the file and instructions to my e-mail address so I can save the file to memory card and then open it on my computer?  My e-mail address is CymruDen@gmail dot com

Also if anyone can advise as to why it keeps freezing it would be appreciated, I had a cheap Advent 4213 with Windows 7 before this but upgraded to this one as I wanted an 11.6 inch screen and bigger keyboard but it freezes and I can’t do anything, I have to take the battery out and put it back in again.  The Advent 4213 was head and shoulders above this one for performance.

Many thanks to anyone or all who help!

Denise

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: 3G MODEM NOT FOUND AFTER INSTALL OF WINDOWS 7
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:22:09 AM »
    You have 3 threads on the same subject.
    http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,33328.0.html
    •Do not make multiple posts in different areas for the same issue. That merely confuses things and they will probably be deleted.