Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Genuine Windows trying to install/no desktop at all.  (Read 2463 times)

cfralic

Genuine Windows trying to install/no desktop at all.
« on: August 14, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
I started up my computer (which has Vista) and it has no menu bar at all, I can't access anything in my computer but the internet because when it started up it said that I wouldn't have the full functionality of Windows, and then I clicked a button that said Troubleshoot or whatever (THINKING it was windows) and it said it needed me to update. Anyways, after awhile I realised something was fishy and I tried  restarting, ctrl+alt+dlt etc and nothing is happening. I can't even attempt to manually access the program because I have no way to do anything (unless someone knows a trick). Then it took me to a website trying to sell me the GENUINE version of Windows 7 for $149, even though I don't have Windows 7. :S

I removing programs before this happened and I may have uninstalled something to do with the desktop but I really think it's the virus. Can anyone help me? I can try and give more details if need be.

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Genuine Windows trying to install/no desktop at all.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:12 AM »
Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html