Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: passwords on win 7  (Read 2740 times)

redbird

Topic Starter

Intermediate

passwords on win 7
    « on: August 28, 2011, 07:14:56 AM »
    I do not want my passwords saved, every time I log off the internet and go back to the same page it still has my password, I went to internet options  then into content, auto complete settings, unchecked all the boxes, then deleted auto complete history,  I shut down the internet and go back on.. and the same web site is still saving my password. It was very easy with xp but I am not getting the same results with win 7. I have win 7 ultimate 32 bit installed

truenorth

Guru

Re: passwords on win 7
      « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 08:30:15 AM »
      See if this helps. Given that the poster in this query is trying to do the opposite of what you are realize that you should do the opposite where "unchecking" is indicated. This is given as a guide of where to go to change the options.
      http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1169846.htm
      truenorth

redbird

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 08:59:17 AM »
        I dont have a problem logging in to the computer,  I just dont like that my passwords are kept for my internet sites that I visit,  I would like to log on with my password everytime I visit my sites,plus it makes me remember the passwords I dont want to get used to the computer holding my passwords then I will get lazy and forget. My xp was easy to set up for that, but my win 7 is a little complicated right now trying to disable the password keep  Thank you true north anyway for your help

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:50:02 AM »
          Yes i DID understand your wishes. As i stated the site i offered is for someone that wanted the passwords REMEMBERED. (i realize that you DON"T want them remembered). The site i included does tell you the process for remembering them. However by going to the computer links that are given you should be able to effect the changes needed so they will NOT be remembered. Unless of course what you really are referring to are "cookies" related to your web searching. If so that is a different process. But it too is achievable. So which is it?truenorth

soybean

Genius
          • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 11:21:18 AM »
          I dont have a problem logging in to the computer,  I just dont like that my passwords are kept for my internet sites that I visit, 
          Well, I think you caused some confusion by putting your topic in the Windows section instead of the Internet browsers section and by naming your topic "passwords on win 7" when you're really asking about passwords relating to websites, not the Windows user Logon password.   

The link truenorth posted relates to Windows user passwords, not passwords used to access websites when browsing the web.  Here's a reference on clearing saved passwords from IE: http://kb.iu.edu/data/alcx.html

redbird

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:50:01 AM »
            Soy bean, that's it thank you, true north you too all is appreciated