Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Broadband DSL light is blinking  (Read 12073 times)

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Broadband DSL light is blinking
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
My Broadband DSL router's DSL light blinks and it does not get stable, and this led to disconnection of internet. This occurs some times when i am online this issue stars.

Details of my Broadband:
Utstarcom
WA3002G4

Network provider: BSNL

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Broadband DSL light is blinking
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:42:17 AM »
There are 4 status that lights indicates : Power - ADSL - Internet - LAN. On powering up first the modem/router, the first light is on the power. If there is a connected PC on wired from end to end, then the LAN will lit. While ADSL blinks to load for a minute or so, then establishes a connection, the Internet lits up last. Now if the ADSL light goes off intermittently, I would suggest calling your ISP first.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:44:12 AM »
And just FYI, broadband disconnection problems are most commonly caused by poor quality cabling, inside your building or between your building and the exchange.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

immental1200

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 06:43:10 AM »
My Broadband DSL router's DSL light blinks and it does not get stable, and this led to disconnection of internet. This occurs some times when i am online this issue stars.

Details of my Broadband:
Utstarcom
WA3002G4

Network provider: BSNL

This happens on most routers ... I have had three where the DSL light blinks DURING internet access ... there may not be a fault with that, it MAY be something else.

Rustys

Intermediate

• Escaped Mental Patient
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 12:27:08 PM »
Usually mean that there is a lost connection between the modem and the ISP or even misconfiguration with in the modem.

At any time do any of the other lights change color when the DSL light flashes?  What it is the blink rate?

Have you changed any configuration of firmware updates to the Modem?  That you are aware of.

How long has this been happening?

Have you tried to reboot/reset the modem?  Do not preform reset unless you have all configuration information handy.

Happens random or like clockwork?

"Confucius could give answer to that... unfortunately Confucius not here at moment."

IPDO

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:33 AM »
This issue has been fixed.
I called my ISP and he told that the wire connection at polls were loose.
 Problem solved
Thanks everyone!!!