Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to adjust Screen Display Size (Not resolution)  (Read 4127 times)

Lycoris

Topic Starter

Starter

• Hello, pleasure to meet you ^.~
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
How to adjust Screen Display Size (Not resolution)
« on: August 22, 2011, 04:22:19 PM »
Edit/Solution Found the settings to resize desktop in my Video Card settings program (on mine I have an NVIDIA card so it is called the NVIDIA Control Panel) Thank you to GhostWolf who helped me find this solution!!

I use my Windows 7 Ultimate computer as a media center computer, I hook it up to a television.  (if it matters it is a Mitsubishi 1080 series). It has always displayed full across the screen (from top to bottom, left and right, perfectly centered)

All other channels and inputs (my PS2, my Wii and my regular cable) display full screen as well, and there is no option in the menu options to adjust size or position.

Today my computer was accidentally unplugged (my dog did it) and when I turned the computer back on, the screen has been resized and shrunk, there is now space to the left and right, top and bottom of the Computer screen. Changing the resolution does not fix the problem.

It is a custom computer with a GeForce 6500 GT Series video card, 2gigs of RAM, and a dual core processor (I did not build it, and am only slightly familiar with hardware)

I did visit the chat but unfortunately no one could help me. (No one spoke to me. I may have asked the wrong way. English is not my native language.)

Feel free to e-mail me for any more information at kanadesan77 (at) gmail, and I will be checking back here daily.
Thank you for any assistance.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:05:56 PM by Lycoris »
Please excuse any garbled messages, English is actually not my native.
Thank you for any assistance given in advance.

geek hoodlum

Apprentice
    • Yes
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: How to adjust Screen Display Size (Not resolution)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:14:17 AM »
Hi and welcome to Computer Hope!

Does your Mitsubishi 1080 has its own screen adjust settings like in the modern computer monitors?