Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with Web email sending spam to my contacts  (Read 3427 times)

Scooter92349

Need help with Web email sending spam to my contacts
« on: August 30, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
Here's what's going on with my laptop:

My Web email is sending bogus emails to my contacts.  I can see some of these emails in the Sent folder of my Web email, but not in my Outlook Sent folder.

I use Norton 360, always keep it up to date. Since the email spam began, I've run several different spyware and malware programs and my computer comes up clean.

I don't access my email at public spots, only at home.

I've tried working with my email provider (AT&T) on this problem, but the technicians haven't been able to help and suggested I contacted Yahoo for help, which I know is a dead-end street.

Here are some oddities that no one at AT&T can explain (and I don't know if they have anything to do with the spam coming from my email). AT&T and Yahoo ask users to create a sign-in seal as a way to verify that you're on a legit site when you want to check your Web mail. My sign-in seals always disappear from one day to the next. Also, in my settings for my AT&T Webmail, there's an email address there that I didn't enter and that I can't change or delete. The AT&T tech told me it's Yahoo's Hong Kong office; however, several months ago, I received spam from the same address.

I'd really like to find a way to stop the spam and would greatly appreciate any help.  Thanks --- Chris

P.S. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad with Vista Home Premium.