Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: #$%&  (Read 3407 times)

DarjeeliSpring

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    #$%&
    « on: September 04, 2011, 08:19:15 PM »
    Trying to login to wireless router but I get taken to verizon westell modem FFS, modem is run to network switch which is run to a pc and to the router which itself runs to another pc. Lights on router indicate its connected to the internet however the pc its going to is not able to access the internet, VLAN is setup and working on the modem, first pc, console and second pc until the router middlemanned, now no connectivity for pc2 and router not accessible, no disc came with this POS. Internet forum suggested 192.168.1.1 takes me to westell modem not the router.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: #$%&
    « Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 08:31:08 PM »
    Your router is set to AP mode. Try rebooting your router and unplugging the ethernet cable from the LAN port, then enter 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    « Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »
    What type of modem do you have(modem or a combo modem and wireless router in one)? What brand/model is the router being extended? And which PC(s) is not being able to connect?

DarjeeliSpring

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 02:01:17 PM »
      Transfusion's suggestion worked but I think I will take this one back to target and get the two hundred dollar one anyway.