Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Laser Jet 6L Model C3990A Black Page A page is completely black  (Read 3447 times)

logamuthu

Topic Starter

Rookie

HP Laser Jet 6L Model C3990A Black Page A page is completely black
    « on: September 08, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »
    HP Laser Jet  6L Model C3990A  Black Page A page is completely black
    A page is completely black.

HP Manual Advice 3 below:

1a.The toner cartridge may not be installed properly. Remove the cartridge and reinsert it.  Done. No use!

1b·The toner cartridge may be defective. Replace it. Done. No use!

2·There may be discontinuities in the high-voltage contact points. Clean the high voltage contact points on the toner cartridge and transfer roller. (See Figures 7-5 and 7-6.) I don't know where these points are and how to clean them. HP Manual does not carry the requisite figures! Can you help please?

3· Replace the DC Controller or Laser/Scanner unit. What do these cost? More than the present day cost of a basic home-use
    monochrome laser printer- about INR. Rs,7,000.-? Please guide me!

Prof.Dr.K.Loga muthu krishnan
    Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon,
    Email: [email protected]                 
         [email protected] 
    ===========================================

EMail addys removed to prevent SPAM...
    « Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:55:10 AM by patio »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: HP Laser Jet 6L Model C3990A Black Page A page is completely black
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
    I think you've done everything you can yourself.  Printers are mysterious electronic devices best left to professionals.  However, as you have stated, it might not be worth the cost.  That was a very good printer & has lasted a long time, more than 10 years?.  You can now get a new HP LaserJet for half the cost of the 6L when it was new.  I'm sure the new toner cartridge was expensive.