Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any MS Outlook 2003 experts around??  (Read 7549 times)

laura127

Any MS Outlook 2003 experts around??
« on: July 02, 2004, 03:19:02 AM »
I installed BCM (Business Contact Manager) on my PC yesterday. I have 2 accounts (mine & admin) but had to use my admin account to install it. Everything was fine, it installed perfectly & i added some of my contacts

Then this morning i log on as admin, and open BCM.. i can see all the contacts that i've added but when i try to add a new contact, i get a msg saying

"The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator"

Em hello, i AM the administrator & don't know why it wont leave me add a contact..

Any idea of whats wrong?? I'm not that great with computers so ALL help would be really appreciated. This problem is really really annoying me!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 03:23:35 AM by laura127 »

Raptor

Re: Any MS Outlook 2003 experts around??
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 04:02:46 AM »
You say you created two accounts, both Admin and yours. That means only the Admin account is the Admin, not yours?

I donot know what account you tried creating new ones with, I am no MS Outlook expert either. Did you refer to any kind of guide yet? I suggest you search the Microsoft database.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/outlook/contactmanager/prodinfo/default.mspx

laura127

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 04:11:05 AM »
Hi Raptor,

Sorry, i meant i have 2 accounts on my PC with XP Pro.. The admin account, where i set up BCM and my own account..

Ive been going through MS website all morning but cant find any help. I posted in their outlook newsgroup section so hopefully somebody will answer me there..

But if anybody here has any idea what the problem might be, i'd love to know!

Joleen

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 06:38:22 AM »
When you installed it.. did you give all users access to it?  You say you're trying to use it under your account, is it also an admin account?

laura127

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 08:51:14 AM »
I installed it in my admin account, and thats the account ive logged back into, but it wont leave me open the contacts or create a new one??

Its so weird..
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 08:51:52 AM by laura127 »

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2004, 04:44:27 PM »
Are you sure it is not an error?

Perhaps you donot require administrative abilities, you may have to reinstall the program or take a good look at the options provided.

it could be referring the SYSTEM administrator that should be present to properly configure it.