Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?  (Read 306643 times)

green7o7o

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?
    « on: September 09, 2011, 07:26:38 AM »
    I am planning on selling my iPhone 4 but most of my contacts are on the iPhone and not on the sim card. How do I transfer all of my contacts from my iPhone to my sim card?

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?
    « Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 10:11:07 AM »
    Uhhh... I remember when I spent 5 hours straight figuring out how to do so with my mom's iPhone... As far as I know, there is no easy way to do this without jailbreaking and/or manually entering the contacts into your computer. There is a jailbroken app called iSim that will allow you to do that, but I do not guarantee it will work without issues as jailbroken apps are not officially supported by Apple.

Is the iPhone synced to a computer? If so, you can simply extract contacts from your iTunes backup:
    http://www.funkykit.com/how-to/7898-how-to-extract-your-contacts-from-iphone-or-itunes-backup.html

Short of jailbreaking, you cannot transfer your iPhone contacts to your SIM card. I know, its extremely senseless that Apple "left out" this feature.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How do you transfer contacts from iPhone to sim card?
    « Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 10:15:52 AM »
    Short of jailbreaking, you cannot transfer your iPhone contacts to your SIM card. I know, its extremely senseless that Apple "left out" this feature.

They leave out a rather inordinate number of features given the premium price they ask for the device.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.