Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I assure you this is different but my browsing history is not showing up!!!  (Read 22018 times)

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner
Re: I assure you this is different but my browsing history is not showing up!!!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »

You really need to start answering the question that people have ask you. Repeating the same thing will not help you.

11 cheers for binary !

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:38 PM »
The last time you lost your browsing History was because you logged into another User account...
Just wondering here...could this be the case again ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
    You really need to start answering the question that people have ask you. Repeating the same thing will not help you.

Im sorry I thought I did. Well, I did fix it again anyway. I just deleted the browsing history and everything is ok now. I was just wondering if I could somehow keep the browsing history just because when I deleted it, I lose my files and webpages and stuff.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »
      The last time you lost your browsing History was because you logged into another User account...
      Just wondering here...could this be the case again ? ?

Well, it was the same account. I guess the problem was I looked up a lot of stuff on different sites which obviously had a lot of pages etc.  I guess it was too much.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 12:19:23 PM »
      Have you checked Internet Explorer 9 'Temporary Internet files and History Settings' ??

It has a 'Days to keep pages in History'

Do you use bookmarks ??

11 cheers for binary !

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 06:50:56 PM »
        Have you checked Internet Explorer 9 'Temporary Internet files and History Settings' ??

It has a 'Days to keep pages in History'

Do you use bookmarks ??

Sometimes I use bookmarks. Also, I know about the "Days to keep pages in History". It just had started yesterday.

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:54 AM »

Your posts are very vague and lack any 'real' information

It just had started yesterday.

What did??

I just deleted the browsing history and everything is ok now. I was just wondering if I could somehow keep the browsing history just because when I deleted it, I lose my files and webpages and stuff.

You delete it, yet want to keep it ??

What files do you lose ?? Are you accessing websites through your history ? If so, why not just bookmark them, then when you delete your history you still have your websites saved.

Ok, well I deleted my browsing history and it worked. Everything is gone but when I tried my browsing history after I deleted it, it worked.

What works ? The 'history' ? Are you trying to say that the browser history does not work until you delete it and start from scratch?
        11 cheers for binary !

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »
          Your posts are very vague and lack any 'real' information

I tried to explain it the best I could. It was just my browsing history was not showing up which meant my web pages and files were not showing up.

What did??

My browsing history had stopped and it stopped recognizing the webpages and files that I was on.
          You delete it, yet want to keep it ??

What I meant was that when you click on internet options and it says delete browsing history it gives you different options to click on. You can delete your cookies, formed data etc. W/O losing your browsing history. Thats what I meant.
          What files do you lose ?? Are you accessing websites through your history ? If so, why not just bookmark them, then when you delete your history you still have your websites saved.

Just the webpages and websites that I was on. Yes, I should bookmark more and I will.

What works ? The 'history' ? Are you trying to say that the browser history does not work until you delete it and start from scratch?

Yes, the browsing history works again and it now recognizes the webpages and websites that I have been on. Yes, the browsing history works AFTER I delete everything and start from scratch.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
          Just to humor me...logon to a different account on startup...

What happens ?

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 06:41:54 PM »
            Hello, again. Im back!! Ok, now I want to tell you that Im not having any problem with the browsing history. I know that if its not showing up, I delete my browsing history and start from scratch and it works fine.

My question is that I used to be able to look up the webpages on my browsing history from up to 40 weeks ago and now my browsing history lasts about a week or two before I have to delete it and start again. How come I have to do that? I mean I went from being able to look up webpages from 20 weeks ago to having to delete my browsing history after about a week? Why is that happening?

reddevilggg

Expert

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »

FireFox change their settings with every update. I cant actually find what i've read (yeah, i know) but some newer versions of Firefox only retain history for 90 days. Keeping all this data takes up memory and as you can see 9 months (40 weeks) of history is going to be alot more data then just bookmarking relevant sites.

You are still vague with your posts. You say "I know that if its not showing up, I delete my browsing history".
            If what is not showing up. The site you are looking for OR the whole history.

If it only remembers 90 days and what you are after was before then, it will be gone.

If a site is important to you, bookmark it and back up your bookmarks.
            11 cheers for binary !

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2011, 12:09:31 PM »
              FireFox change their settings with every update. I cant actually find what i've read (yeah, i know) but some newer versions of Firefox only retain history for 90 days. Keeping all this data takes up memory and as you can see 9 months (40 weeks) of history is going to be alot more data then just bookmarking relevant sites.

You are still vague with your posts. You say "I know that if its not showing up, I delete my browsing history".
              If what is not showing up. The site you are looking for OR the whole history.

What I mean is that if I look up my browsing history and I see that a website and or webpage isnt on there and not showing up, then I have no choice but to delete the browsing history and start from scratch.

If it only remembers 90 days and what you are after was before then, it will be gone.

If a site is important to you, bookmark it and back up your bookmarks.

patio

• Genius
              • Maud' Dib
                • Yes
              « Reply #27 on: December 16, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
              I suggest you leave the browsing history alone...mine goes back over 8 months and i've never touched it...
              Learn how to save bookmarks for sites you want to re-visit...

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 12:53:40 PM »
                I suggest you leave the browsing history alone...mine goes back over 8 months and i've never touched it...
                Learn how to save bookmarks for sites you want to re-visit...

Ok, I'll try that but if you bookmark your sites your browsing history would be empty, right? That would be because you dont need a browsing history if you bookmark the sites, right?

My thing is that how can your browsing history work after 8 months and still have your webpages and websites?

soybean

Genius
                • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
                • Computer: Specs
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 01:14:35 PM »
                ... if you bookmark your sites your browsing history would be empty, right?
                No, that's not right.  Browsing history and bookmarks are independent of each other.