Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: How many...  (Read 29201 times)

merlin_2

Re: How many...
« on: August 20, 2005, 02:17:28 PM »
The only force in this world is dna.

Raptor

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
I like water.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 04:53:09 PM »
To expand your question mac if i may.its weird that the armed forces have a vicar..........thats another question.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:53:30 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

MRe: How many...
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »
The only force in this world is dna.

M_2:

Do you ever get hungry?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 08:10:59 AM »
M_2:

And, if you don't mind my asking another philosophical question, do you ever get thirsty?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
Milk is only meant for calfs.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 02:13:02 PM »
Obesity is caused by dentists.

Dentists are social butchers. They practise an ethical medical profession where they demolish to repair. Is this ethical? Is it medical? Why hasn't this changed since the dark ages? Teeth are still being removed.

The amount of sugar you find in products could be evaded. But if they did, the dentists would no longer be able to pay taxes. A regular person in any western country visits their dentist approximately twice a year. If there were no dentists, many people would not have to pay extra for dentist insurance. The dentist are in control, yet they rely on the sugar industry. Your teeth's worst enemy is sleeping with your teeth's best friend?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 02:14:28 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »
That why dna is the force,we eat and drink it.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »
That why dna is the force,we eat and drink it.

I agree, M_2!

DNA *is* a force, and think about that force: When we see a powerful program do its thing on the monitor in front of us, we know some highly intelligent programmer (or team of intelligent programmers) wrote the code behind the program.  Programs do not program themselves.

To me, DNA is a kind of programming code, though infinately more complex because it is written in three dimensions, instead of two dimensions like C++.  That same code that is in a brain cell is also in a bone cell.  Each has the exact same DNA, yet takes on a completely different function.  Hence, David was amazed how God knit him together in his mother's womb (Psalm 39).

It is true that DNA is a force, but do you really think it is the *only* force?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:05:33 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
It's not that drink the blood and eat the body thing again is it?

Better to be a Buddhist.

Mac:

LOL!  Well, i believe Jesus was speaking metaphorically when He mentioned that.  If you recall, He also said, "I am the door to heaven" but i doubt He meant that His skin was made of oak and His navel was a door knob.

Jesus often used real-life experiences to help us relate to after-life realities.  For example, He said: "Blessed are you who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for you will be filled" (Matthew, chapter 5).

I can relate to that (perhaps not as well as others less fortunate than myself) because i get hungry, and i know that there is food that will satisfy my hunger.  I get thirsty, and i know there is some drink that will satisfy my thirst.  There is a *censored* drive, and i know there is marriage.  

But what about desires i have not seen fulfilled?  When i see the horrors of war and murder on TV, i hunger for righteousness, for justice in the world.  When i see my own failings and experience the guilt, i thirst for righteousness, or perfection, in my own thoughts, words and deeds.

I dare say that on some level, at some time, we *all* have hungered and thirst for such righteousness within and without.   If all our other desires have some good way to be fulfilled, why not these as well?  But the only way these desires may be met, is if there is a heaven where, as John wrote:

"They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" (Revelation, chapter 21).

Something to think about.  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:06:43 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 06:14:10 PM »
Why has your god forsaken us? Why has everything happened thousands of years ago and is his presence nowhere to be seen?

You could say that god is in all of us but then why do I see no magical events happening?

I have tried to read the bible, and I am still doing so, but I have a feeling that someone who has been dead for over thousands of years is pulling my leg. I'd rather live according to something more solid and down-to-earth such as the Hagakure.

I can relate to that (perhaps not as well as others less fortunate than myself) because i get hungry, and i know that there is food that will satisfy my hunger.  I get thirsty, and i know there is some drink that will satisfy my thirst.  There is a *censored* drive, and i know there is marriage.  

Well spoken. However, why are most still suffering from famine? This is rather odd given the help "God" has provided the brothers in Egypt. (This is as far as I got with the bible so far) Is there a double standard? Are certain people lesser in the eyes of god and will he not indirectly help them like he has helped those in the bible? Once again I point to the fact that there seems to be no godly presence in 2005..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:17:23 PM by Raptor »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:41:04 PM »
    Are certain people lesser in the eyes of god and will he not indirectly help them like he has helped those in the bible? Once again I point to the fact that there seems to be no godly presence in 2005.

If all our other desires have some good way to be fulfilled, why not these as well?  But the only way these desires may be met, is if there is a heaven

If God's love encompasses the whole world and if everyone who does not believe in him will perish, then surely this question needs to be asked: When, after two thousand years, does God's plan kick in for the billion people he "so loves" in China? Or for the 840 million in India? Or the millions in Japan, Afghanistan, Siberia, Egypt, Burma - and on and on?

I can't help but agree with Carl Sagan, when he wrote that the entire universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 06:43:25 PM »
    Dragons of Eden was an excellent book.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
      « Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 07:05:17 PM »
      Dragons of Eden was an excellent book.

So was Pale Blue Dot.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives....... Ann Druyan suggests an experiment: Look back again at the pale blue dot....... Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any length of time and then try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step further: Imagine that everything was made just for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously do you take their claim?

That's it for my end of the theological discussion.   :)
      There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 06:37:09 AM »
      Why has your god forsaken us? Why has everything happened thousands of years ago and is his presence nowhere to be seen? You could say that god is in all of us but then why do I see no magical events happening? I have tried to read the bible, and I am still doing so, but I have a feeling that someone who has been dead for over thousands of years is pulling my leg. I'd rather live according to something more solid and down-to-earth such as the Hagakure. ...

Sorry for taking so long to get back to the conversation.  I helped take care of things around the house for my wife as she had much work to do in the evenings to prepare for work.

What you ask is a good question, Raptor! and one i've asked God about  myself.   Why doesn't God make Himself so obvious He cannot be ignored?  One answer may be that it doesn't accomplish His purpose, which is to save as many of us from *censored* as will allow Him.  God's answer to your question may be, "I did great miracles, but still the people for whom I did the miraculous turned their backs on me."

Another answer may be that God DOES do miracles today.  These miraculous events may be more subtle, but not less real.

For example, i live in an area that has frequent tornadoes (Indiana).  A few years ago, one such tornado touched down in the middle of this states' second largest city.  It crossed a busy street, ripped through a parking lot turning over cars, and lifted off the ground just seconds before it hit a crowded movie theater.  

Back at home, i and my youngest son were praying in our basement, that the tornado that was reported on the radio would not harm anyone.  We had no idea we were praying for my wife and oldest son.  They were in the movie theater watching the movie Shrek.  Her van, which was parked in the parking lot where other cars were picked up and dropped, was even unharmed.  The tornado also trashed several small businesses and ripped the roof off a large nursing home for the elderly.  However, as my son and i asked God, no one was hurt.    

To me, that is a miracle that is obvious.  It is one that is documented, for anyone may read of the tornado in a copy of a Fort Wayne, Indiana newspaper in a local library.  

However, perhaps the greatest miracle is that God cares for any of us at all.  Before i knew Him i asked why He had forsaken me.  Now i wonder why He cares for me at all, since, in my worst moments, i still forsake Him in thought, word or deed.

Why do for unfaithful me what i myself would never do for someone?  Why did the Father allow His one and only Son to suffer for me?  Why do this so that i may live with Him forever?  It is beyond reason.  It is beyond question that His love for me is beyond anything i am capable of expressing to Him in return.

If you are willing to look into the historical evidence, you will find it too overwhelming to ignore.  That a dead guy really did get up and walk is the best documented historical fact in ancient history.  There is more evidence supporting the life, accomplishments, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ than there is evidence supporting the life, accomplishments and death of Julius Caesar.  But no one would seriously doubt what we know of this Roman ruler.  

Why not examine the evidence of Christ and make an educated decision?

Regards,
      Doc