Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Re: How many...  (Read 29192 times)

merlin_2

Re: How many...
« on: August 20, 2005, 02:17:28 PM »
The only force in this world is dna.

Raptor

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 03:56:20 PM »
I like water.

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 04:53:09 PM »
To expand your question mac if i may.its weird that the armed forces have a vicar..........thats another question.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005, 04:53:30 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

MRe: How many...
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 06:47:18 PM »
The only force in this world is dna.

M_2:

Do you ever get hungry?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 08:10:59 AM »
M_2:

And, if you don't mind my asking another philosophical question, do you ever get thirsty?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
Milk is only meant for calfs.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 02:13:02 PM »
Obesity is caused by dentists.

Dentists are social butchers. They practise an ethical medical profession where they demolish to repair. Is this ethical? Is it medical? Why hasn't this changed since the dark ages? Teeth are still being removed.

The amount of sugar you find in products could be evaded. But if they did, the dentists would no longer be able to pay taxes. A regular person in any western country visits their dentist approximately twice a year. If there were no dentists, many people would not have to pay extra for dentist insurance. The dentist are in control, yet they rely on the sugar industry. Your teeth's worst enemy is sleeping with your teeth's best friend?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 02:14:28 PM by Raptor »

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 04:31:20 PM »
That why dna is the force,we eat and drink it.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »
That why dna is the force,we eat and drink it.

I agree, M_2!

DNA *is* a force, and think about that force: When we see a powerful program do its thing on the monitor in front of us, we know some highly intelligent programmer (or team of intelligent programmers) wrote the code behind the program.  Programs do not program themselves.

To me, DNA is a kind of programming code, though infinately more complex because it is written in three dimensions, instead of two dimensions like C++.  That same code that is in a brain cell is also in a bone cell.  Each has the exact same DNA, yet takes on a completely different function.  Hence, David was amazed how God knit him together in his mother's womb (Psalm 39).

It is true that DNA is a force, but do you really think it is the *only* force?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:05:33 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 06:04:07 PM »
It's not that drink the blood and eat the body thing again is it?

Better to be a Buddhist.

Mac:

LOL!  Well, i believe Jesus was speaking metaphorically when He mentioned that.  If you recall, He also said, "I am the door to heaven" but i doubt He meant that His skin was made of oak and His navel was a door knob.

Jesus often used real-life experiences to help us relate to after-life realities.  For example, He said: "Blessed are you who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for you will be filled" (Matthew, chapter 5).

I can relate to that (perhaps not as well as others less fortunate than myself) because i get hungry, and i know that there is food that will satisfy my hunger.  I get thirsty, and i know there is some drink that will satisfy my thirst.  There is a *censored* drive, and i know there is marriage.  

But what about desires i have not seen fulfilled?  When i see the horrors of war and murder on TV, i hunger for righteousness, for justice in the world.  When i see my own failings and experience the guilt, i thirst for righteousness, or perfection, in my own thoughts, words and deeds.

I dare say that on some level, at some time, we *all* have hungered and thirst for such righteousness within and without.   If all our other desires have some good way to be fulfilled, why not these as well?  But the only way these desires may be met, is if there is a heaven where, as John wrote:

"They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God.  He will wipe every tear from their eyes.  There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" (Revelation, chapter 21).

Something to think about.  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:06:43 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2005, 06:14:10 PM »
Why has your god forsaken us? Why has everything happened thousands of years ago and is his presence nowhere to be seen?

You could say that god is in all of us but then why do I see no magical events happening?

I have tried to read the bible, and I am still doing so, but I have a feeling that someone who has been dead for over thousands of years is pulling my leg. I'd rather live according to something more solid and down-to-earth such as the Hagakure.

I can relate to that (perhaps not as well as others less fortunate than myself) because i get hungry, and i know that there is food that will satisfy my hunger.  I get thirsty, and i know there is some drink that will satisfy my thirst.  There is a *censored* drive, and i know there is marriage.  

Well spoken. However, why are most still suffering from famine? This is rather odd given the help "God" has provided the brothers in Egypt. (This is as far as I got with the bible so far) Is there a double standard? Are certain people lesser in the eyes of god and will he not indirectly help them like he has helped those in the bible? Once again I point to the fact that there seems to be no godly presence in 2005..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 06:17:23 PM by Raptor »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
    « Reply #11 on: August 21, 2005, 06:41:04 PM »
    Are certain people lesser in the eyes of god and will he not indirectly help them like he has helped those in the bible? Once again I point to the fact that there seems to be no godly presence in 2005.

If all our other desires have some good way to be fulfilled, why not these as well?  But the only way these desires may be met, is if there is a heaven

If God's love encompasses the whole world and if everyone who does not believe in him will perish, then surely this question needs to be asked: When, after two thousand years, does God's plan kick in for the billion people he "so loves" in China? Or for the 840 million in India? Or the millions in Japan, Afghanistan, Siberia, Egypt, Burma - and on and on?

I can't help but agree with Carl Sagan, when he wrote that the entire universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely indifferent.
    There’s no limit to what you can achieve if you don’t mind who gets the credit.

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2005, 06:43:25 PM »
    Dragons of Eden was an excellent book.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
      « Reply #13 on: August 21, 2005, 07:05:17 PM »
      Dragons of Eden was an excellent book.

So was Pale Blue Dot.

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives....... Ann Druyan suggests an experiment: Look back again at the pale blue dot....... Take a good long look at it. Stare at the dot for any length of time and then try to convince yourself that God created the whole Universe for one of the 10 million or so species of life that inhabit that speck of dust. Now take it a step further: Imagine that everything was made just for a single shade of that species, or gender, or ethnic or religious subdivision. If this doesn't strike you as unlikely, pick another dot. Imagine it to be inhabited by a different form of intelligent life. They, too, cherish the notion of a God who has created everything for their benefit. How seriously do you take their claim?

That's it for my end of the theological discussion.   :)

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 06:37:09 AM »
      Why has your god forsaken us? Why has everything happened thousands of years ago and is his presence nowhere to be seen? You could say that god is in all of us but then why do I see no magical events happening? I have tried to read the bible, and I am still doing so, but I have a feeling that someone who has been dead for over thousands of years is pulling my leg. I'd rather live according to something more solid and down-to-earth such as the Hagakure. ...

Sorry for taking so long to get back to the conversation.  I helped take care of things around the house for my wife as she had much work to do in the evenings to prepare for work.

What you ask is a good question, Raptor! and one i've asked God about  myself.   Why doesn't God make Himself so obvious He cannot be ignored?  One answer may be that it doesn't accomplish His purpose, which is to save as many of us from *censored* as will allow Him.  God's answer to your question may be, "I did great miracles, but still the people for whom I did the miraculous turned their backs on me."

Another answer may be that God DOES do miracles today.  These miraculous events may be more subtle, but not less real.

For example, i live in an area that has frequent tornadoes (Indiana).  A few years ago, one such tornado touched down in the middle of this states' second largest city.  It crossed a busy street, ripped through a parking lot turning over cars, and lifted off the ground just seconds before it hit a crowded movie theater.  

Back at home, i and my youngest son were praying in our basement, that the tornado that was reported on the radio would not harm anyone.  We had no idea we were praying for my wife and oldest son.  They were in the movie theater watching the movie Shrek.  Her van, which was parked in the parking lot where other cars were picked up and dropped, was even unharmed.  The tornado also trashed several small businesses and ripped the roof off a large nursing home for the elderly.  However, as my son and i asked God, no one was hurt.    

To me, that is a miracle that is obvious.  It is one that is documented, for anyone may read of the tornado in a copy of a Fort Wayne, Indiana newspaper in a local library.  

However, perhaps the greatest miracle is that God cares for any of us at all.  Before i knew Him i asked why He had forsaken me.  Now i wonder why He cares for me at all, since, in my worst moments, i still forsake Him in thought, word or deed.

Why do for unfaithful me what i myself would never do for someone?  Why did the Father allow His one and only Son to suffer for me?  Why do this so that i may live with Him forever?  It is beyond reason.  It is beyond question that His love for me is beyond anything i am capable of expressing to Him in return.

If you are willing to look into the historical evidence, you will find it too overwhelming to ignore.  That a dead guy really did get up and walk is the best documented historical fact in ancient history.  There is more evidence supporting the life, accomplishments, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ than there is evidence supporting the life, accomplishments and death of Julius Caesar.  But no one would seriously doubt what we know of this Roman ruler.  

Why not examine the evidence of Christ and make an educated decision?

Regards,
      Doc

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
        « Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 08:28:35 AM »
        It's unfortunate that conversations like this ultimately must deteriorate into hate-filled diatribes. Another relevant and respectful discussion of differences poisoned by invectives and insults. I didn't see Doc demean your opinions, Mac.

Raptor

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2005, 08:47:10 AM »
        One answer may be that it doesn't accomplish His purpose, which is to save as many of us from *censored* as will allow Him.

The Jehovah would say "We have a good god, he would create no *censored*, therefore, people do not go to *censored* they are merely not among the 254.000 resurrected to live along side Jesus his side."

There are several things wrong with both views:

1. Why would god want his creation to suffer if souls take up no room (They have no matter?) and heaven is a creation by 'God'?
        2. Why 254.000 people? What if all these seats have now been reserved with the billions of people that live on earth?
        3. Why could someone as powerful as 'God' now simply destroy *censored* and instill 'goodness' into everyone's hearts? Why does he rely on his own creation to do his work for him and say that they will go to *censored* if they do not? Did he create *censored*? He must have created Satan or any other evil deity if he is the 'only' true god.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 08:47:53 AM by Raptor »

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
          « Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005, 09:17:56 AM »
          The deviants and the religion they claim to share with others are separate entities.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
            « Reply #18 on: August 23, 2005, 01:43:19 PM »
            I fail to see how an appeal to keep things civil amounts to living in an ivory tower, but so be it.

Judging from the escalating rhetoric of the last few posts, perhaps we'd better put this topic to rest. I doubt any minds are going to be changed today.  :)

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
              « Reply #19 on: August 23, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
              I prefer to keep things Military as I find most civilians to be most uncivil.

Agreed!   ;D

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 05:39:45 AM »
              If God's love encompasses the whole world and if everyone who does not believe in him will perish, then surely this question needs to be asked: When, after two thousand years, does God's plan kick in for the billion people he "so loves" in China? Or for the 840 million in India? ...

I believe you are speaking of Jesus' quote in John, chapter 3: "For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.  Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already..."

You ask a good question, Hopester!  I believe the answer is that there *are* genuine Christians in China.   Jonathan Hudson Taylor and other missionaries brought the Christian message deep into the interior of that nation long before the communists seized power.  There is a Christian presence there, otherwise, why does China outlaw Christians who are not members of the so-called Christian church that they sanction?

There are Christian missionaries still in India, Japan, and elsewhere.  I'm friends with members of a local Christian church in my community who make yearly trips to Indian to work with missionaries there who build homes for the homeless, feed the hungry, etc.

The more important question to ask is not, "What about those who haven't heard the truth?" but "What about me?"  That was the question i had to ask myself before i put my trust in Christ to save me from certain eternal separation from Him: What was i going to do with Jesus?  My answer was that i would not fully trust Him until my strongest doubts were removed.  Seeing that there were answers for those doubts and strong evidence to believe is what convinced me.

Then i had to deal with my sin.  Was i going to try to give it up for Him?  As Jesus goes on to say in John, chapter 3: "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light, because there deeds were evil."

Regards,
              Doc
              « Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:42:47 AM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2005, 05:52:11 AM »

The Jehovah would say "We have a good god, he would create no *censored*, therefore, people do not go to *censored* they are merely not among the 254.000 resurrected to live along side Jesus his side."

There are several things wrong with both views:

1. Why would god want his creation to suffer if souls take up no room (They have no matter?) and heaven is a creation by 'God'?
              2. Why 254.000 people? What if all these seats have now been reserved with the billions of people that live on earth?
              3. Why could someone as powerful as 'God' now simply destroy *censored* and instill 'goodness' into everyone's hearts? Why does he rely on his own creation to do his work for him and say that they will go to *censored* if they do not? Did he create *censored*? He must have created Satan or any other evil deity if he is the 'only' true god.

The Jehovah's Witnesses are the ones who have taken the passage in Revelation that mentions 144,000 in heaven and argue that heaven does not have room for any more.  I agree, Raptor, that the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong on this point.  However, i consider theirs a non-Christian cult. I've spent hours speaking with some members of their religion who were friendly, and sincere, but sincerely wrong.  

Revelation does not say that the group of 144,000 is the *only* group allowed in heaven.  It is also likely that the number is symbolic.  In ancient Jewish thinking, for example, 12 is a number representing completeness.  Hence, there were 12 tribes making up the Jewish nation, Jesus chose 12 disciples, Revelation mentions 12 rulers in heaven, and 12 x 12 x 1,000 = 144,000.

As for *censored*, it seems to me that God doesn't send people to *censored* (whatever *censored* is), they send themselves there by rejecting the only way to heaven, which is trusting Christ.  This is probably why Jesus spent more time talking about the horrors of *censored* than the joys of heaven.

Please keep in mind that this discussion topic is not one that i started.  I'm not trying to force my beliefs on anyone.  I was fascinated by M_2's belief that nothing exists that does not have DNA, and was hoping to hear more.  

In addition, i do believe that i have an obligation to answer any questions others ask, as Peter wrote in 1 Peter, chapter 3.  Besides, i kind of like you guys and would enjoy spending time with you in heaven!

:)
              « Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:13:51 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2005, 06:02:22 AM »
              I agree that the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong.

Are they? They seem to be more worldly regarding the bible than other religions.

Besides, i kind of like you guys and would enjoy spending time with you in heaven!

:D

I still like to think that I will go to Valhalla.  ;D
              « Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:03:35 AM by Raptor »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2005, 07:01:20 AM »
              I still like to think that I will go to Valhalla.  ;D

Say hello to Thor when you get there, and ask him if the constant battle is still worth it!

;)

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                « Reply #24 on: August 24, 2005, 09:00:06 AM »
                Doc, it is a pleasure to parry opinions with you, and it would please me to no end to continue this discussion further. Unfortunately this forum is probably not the most suitable of venues (although I have been inclined from time to time to believe that the Antichrist resides within my PC).

God bless you in your faith. Remember where we left off!

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2005, 05:17:34 PM »
                ...I have been inclined from time to time to believe that the Antichrist resides within my PC... God bless you in your faith. Remember where we left off!

LOL--It's not an antichrist, just a gremlin!

;)

You guys are all right.  Thanks for the conversation.  :)

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:23:26 PM by pcdoc4christ »

merlin_2

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2005, 05:33:32 PM »
                Each to their own beliefs doc.........the reasoning in the dna,is the world is over 65 million years old, and had life life on it! and still does till the sun burns it out,also by a fluke the moon has help the earth survive ,and the search for et is futile<and a waste of cash when this world cannot feed itself,except for war<weapons>this is the last planet in the universe,why you may well ask, why are there so many strange species found below the sea that survive without light,this planet is the last ,in the big bang left. if you can understand my views.Another twist is that someone saw this happening a place dna on the earth........
                « Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:38:05 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2005, 06:19:01 PM »
                Each to their own beliefs doc.........the reasoning in the dna,is the world is over 65 million years old, and had life life on it! and still does till the sun burns it out,also by a fluke the moon has help the earth survive ,and the search for et is futile<and a waste of cash when this world cannot feed itself,except for war<weapons>this is the last planet in the universe,why you may well ask, why are there so many strange species found below the sea that survive without light,this planet is the last ,in the big bang left. if you can understand my views.Another twist is that someone saw this happening a place dna on the earth........

Yeah, i agree.  It's simply amazing!  Amazing how life is made possible on our planet.   Amazing how we have the ability to produce far more food than is necessary to feed every man, woman and child, but the greed and other sin of some keeps food from many.

There are Christians who see the seven days of creation in Genesis as seven stages (not seven literal days), so it is an issue sincere Christians may debate, but should never divide over.

But when i see something breathtaking in nature, like a rarely beautiful sunset, i feel as though i'm getting a rare glimpse of something closer to the experience of heaven.  

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.  There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.  Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the end of the world."  (Psalm 19)

I'm really curious, and i hope you don't mind if i ask, do you consider yourself an atheist or a pagan?  I mean, do you see the earth as uncreated? or do you see the earth itself as a living god? or are you still trying to figure it all out?

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:20:14 PM by pcdoc4christ »

merlin_2

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 06:37:33 PM »
                I  dont think that anybody can,explain ,why we are here,<to breed maybe> we are suppose to be above animals so why do we act like them?humans that think and have a brain to act proper<thats a joke> and  to have wars for thousands of years and  its still happening why?no one has any rights to kill people,/kids goverments should be held accountable for this outrage,all humans have  right to life.......dispite there thoughts...i enjoy the old joke but why are people killing people!is it greed or just to prove that their country rules the world.........or so they think it does..thwe world need to grow up.........and look after people that need looking after.....forget the mbe,medals etc...

Raptor

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2005, 06:39:14 PM »
                I'm really curious, and i hope you don't mind if i ask, do you consider yourself an atheist or a pagan?  I mean, do you see the earth as uncreated? or do you see the earth itself as a living god? or are you still trying to figure it all out?

I'll let you know when I'm pushing up daisies. Do you have an after-life E-mail where I can reach you?

I think that you can read all the books you want, speak to all the religious people you can find and never discover what created you, me or this world. In the mean time, I'll just kill time by speaking to all the religious people I come across and reading all the books I want.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 06:48:26 PM »
                I  dont think that anybody can,explain ,why we are here,<to breed maybe> we are suppose to be above animals so why do we act like them?humans that think and have a brain to act proper<thats a joke> and  to have wars for thousands of years and  its still happening why?no one has any rights to kill people,/kids goverments should be held accountable for this outrage,all humans have  right to life.......dispite there thoughts...i enjoy the old joke but why are people killing people!is it greed or just to prove that their country rules the world.........or so they think it does..thwe world need to grow up.........and look after people that need looking after.....forget the mbe,medals etc...

I agree 100%.  Well said!

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:49:16 PM by pcdoc4christ »

merlin_2

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 06:49:26 PM »
                Can i asked a question: to whom it may concern...if i was cremated does it matter,rather than being buried east to west.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 06:58:19 PM »
                I mean, i agree about the behavior of many.  

I think, though, that most people, in their more honest moments, want something much more, and i believe Jesus offers the answer:

"A new command I give you: Love one another.  As I have loved you so you must love one another.  By this all men will know you are my disciples, if you love one another." (His words in John, chapter 13)

He wasn't talking about sex, He was talking about the same love He expressed: A willingness to sacrifice all, even ones own life, for the benefit of others.  

THAT is the meaning of life, the reason why we are here: To be loved by God and to love others as he loved us, with all the power He supplies.  

Loving others, isn't that one reason why you give so much of your time here, M_2?  To give what you've got--knowledge that they need?  

Doc

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:00:10 PM by pcdoc4christ »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 07:02:54 PM »
                Can i asked a question: to whom it may concern...if i was cremated does it matter,rather than being buried east to west.

No, there is nothing in the Bible that condemns cremation.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 07:04:17 PM by pcdoc4christ »

merlin_2

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 07:04:05 PM »
                ok doc...........just proves people have,a different outlook on living..best to leave things as they are i feel.

Openview world, let people think on.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2005, 07:11:37 PM »

I'll let you know when I'm pushing up daisies. Do you have an after-life E-mail where I can reach you?

I think that you can read all the books you want, speak to all the religious people you can find and never discover what created you, me or this world. In the mean time, I'll just kill time by speaking to all the religious people I come across and reading all the books I want.

LOL  E-mail? I doubt it.  Traveling at the speed of thought? Maybe.  

I did forget to ask about Hagakure.  What did he write in relation to the topic of discussion?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2005, 07:13:48 PM »
                ok doc...........just proves people have,a different outlook on living..best to leave things as they are i feel.

Openview world, let people think on.

OK, thanks for sharing your thoughts, M_2.  Sorry if i was too direct with mine.  

merlin_2

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »
                no problems doc........better to air views.......get its out of the system ;)

Raptor

« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2005, 07:29:26 PM »
                I did forget to ask about Hagakure.  What did he write in relation to the topic of discussion?

The Hagakure are recorded conversations of Yamamato Tsunetomo. Hagakure is not a person.

What do they have to say regarding this subject? From what I can deduct, the subject is what are we here for on Earth.

In that case, the following would pretty much outline what we are here for on earth:

• to develop a sympathetic understanding of people
                • to preserve the correct ethics
                • to show loyalty to one's master
                • to respect and to care for one's parents
                • to show respect for others
                • to enhance wisdom by broadening one's knowledge
                • to be truthful at all times
                • to care for the aged and those of a humble station

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »
                Thanks, Raptor.

I think i like those Hagakure.  It would be interesting to spend an evening with one of their members sipping coffee out under the stars and discussing some deep topics.

merlin_2

« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2005, 07:43:20 PM »
                but doc what about my dna question.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2005, 07:56:43 PM »
                Sorry, M_2.  Pls repeat the Q.

merlin_2

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2005, 08:16:02 PM »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2005, 08:21:47 PM »
                M_2:

Sorry, i may be a deep thinker, but a slow learner.  I don't understand the question.  Will you reword it for me?  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2005, 11:29:42 PM »
                  Hey people.......
                  I have been watching this thread now for the last 4 days ........and while it may be of some importance to some of you ......I fail to see what this sort of discussion has to do with assisting people with their computer issues .

If you wish to continue with these sort of posts......I would suggest doing it on another forum..... This really isn't the appropriate on this one ......not to mention the waste of bandwith.

Cheers

dl65  ::)
                  If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2005, 01:24:51 AM »
                    Mac....... I really don't wish to drag this thread out any further than it is now ......however ...........

What is - your - professional view?

It is my opinion that a computer is nothing more than an assembly of components which on its own can do nothing.  ..............

Cheers

Raptor

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2005, 06:15:27 AM »
                    and while it may be of some importance to some of you ......I fail to see what this sort of discussion has to do with assisting people with their computer issues .  

They may decide to give up on computers and start a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere and live life as it was meant to be lived. ;)

I think i like those Hagakure.  It would be interesting to spend an evening with one of their members sipping coffee out under the stars and discussing some deep topics.

The Hagakure was originally only meant to be read by a certain few. The book was released as historial material when the feudal period in Japan ended.

Kamikaze pilots in World War II carried a copy of it. The Hagakure cure is also known as the 'Bushido', or way of the warrior.

I can send you a copy

I am typing away here in my shelter deep underground.

Ever since I played Fallout, nuclear shelters have a special place in my heart. Did you paint a big yellow 13 on your door?

Raptor

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2005, 09:13:59 AM »
                    If the entire planet were to be populated by psychiatrists do you think that things would get better?

We'd have a lot of comfortable chairs.

Raptor

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2005, 02:46:35 PM »
                    I think it would be better if we ban MTV.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2005, 05:45:23 PM »
                    ...The Hagakure was originally only meant to be read by a certain few. The book was released as historial material when the feudal period in Japan ended. Kamikaze pilots in World War II carried a copy of it. The Hagakure cure is also known as the 'Bushido', or way of the warrior. I can send you a copy....

Please do!  Send a copy to my e-mail address (just click on the link under my avatar).  

I understand why some are willing to die to save many lives.  Such men are heroes.  But i've often wondered what drives some to commit suicide in order to kill many.  I found some clues in reading the Koran, which speaks of men who die for Allah as having endless sex in paradise with their own personal harem.  (Of course, there is no sex in heaven, as Jesus taught).  I'd very much like to find some clue as to the thinking of the Kamikazes, and would enjoy reading an e-book you have.  

Thanks,
                    Doc

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2005, 05:51:40 PM »

We'd have a lot of comfortable chairs.

Thanks for the laugh, Raptor!  :D

DL65 may have a point, but i think this discussion thread has been therapeutic.  All i need is a wireless keyboard, a larger monitor, and a comfortable chair.

BTW i think it's also good to get to know a little about the people with whom you "virtually" work (i mean volunteer).  I must say i enjoy the company.   :)

Guess i should get back to helping someone (if i can).  See 'ya around the rest of the forum!

Regards,
                    Doc
                    « Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:53:41 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2005, 08:11:09 PM »
                    I understand why some are willing to die to save many lives.  Such men are heroes.  But i've often wondered what drives some to commit suicide in order to kill many.  I found some clues in reading the Koran, which speaks of men who die for Allah as having endless sex in paradise with their own personal harem.

I recently saw on TV (NGC) that 98% of the men who volunteer or are drafted into the army (From World War II and upwards), can not put theirself to kill others. They shoot, give supporting fire and fullfil other important tasks such as resupplying but they would never dare kill another human being. They referred to these people as sheep

There is 1% which may be perfectly sane during his civilian life, but will become a downright psychopath during a battle situation

Then there is the last remaining 1% who are able to kill, but do not do so because they have gone beserk. They do so simply to protect their beloved ones and ideals. These people were refered to as sheepherders.

I think that blowing up others is rather uncompassionate and an act of cowardice. Therefore, you will probably find no justification regarding the acts of these men in the Hagakure.

The hagakure is strongly influenced by Buddhism, the Koran is not.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2005, 12:07:07 PM »
                    ...I think that blowing up others is rather uncompassionate and an act of cowardice. Therefore, you will probably find no justification regarding the acts of these men in the Hagakure...The hagakure is strongly influenced by Buddhism, the Koran is not.

Agreed.  

BTW, this week my wife bought DVDs of the first season of the American TV show Kung Fu starring David Carradine, which we both watched in the 70s.  Fascinating show and very well written.  Carradine did an excellent job acting, as well.  I must admit, though, that i know very little of Buddhism, other than the story of Buddha’s early life and some of this teachings.  I find it fascinating that Buddhists are essentially religious atheists, it seems.  From what i understand, they have a strong appreciation for nature, yet do not believe in a creator.  They have a firm moral foundation, but deny an author of such.  Forgive me if my remarks are ignorant, and feel free to correct me if they are.  

I'm still interested in learning more of the Hagakure, if you want to suggest a link or send an attachment.

Regards,
                    Doc

« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 12:18:58 PM by pcdoc4christ »

Raptor

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2005, 12:58:04 PM »
                    Did you not receive my E-mail, PCdoc4Christ?

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2005, 01:14:18 PM »
                    Raptor:

Yes, sir, i did.  Sorry, and thank you!

Let me know if it is OK to send a reply to your e-mail if i have any questions.  If not, no prob!

Raptor

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2005, 01:19:47 PM »
                    Did you receive the attachment as well? I have no other digital books regarding Bushido or Buddhism. Rather hard to come by.

You can E-mail any questions you have, I will answer them if I can.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2005, 01:57:13 PM »
                    Raptor:

Yes, i received the attachment.  Thanks!

Raptor

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2005, 04:14:45 PM »
                    Not trying to convert anyone, the good doc here wanted to learn more.

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                      « Reply #58 on: August 28, 2005, 04:46:44 PM »
                      So if we remain as people why convert people to people when we are people already?

Holy crap. Now that's deep!

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                        « Reply #59 on: August 29, 2005, 12:32:31 AM »
                        Doc doesn't seem so tortured to me.

Raptor

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2005, 05:52:36 AM »
                        Doc doesn't seem so tortured to me.

;D

Mac, could you relate yourself to the movie 'conspiracy theory' with Mel Gibson?

Raptor

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2005, 02:13:22 PM »
                        Conspiracy theory was not related to the second world war.

Raptor

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2005, 02:29:05 AM »
                        Perhaps DNA is all a big lie by the American government. Have you actually seen DNA? I haven't. You can't touch it either.

We're probably being lied to.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2005, 06:18:42 PM »
                        ...Why bring a child into the world to be tortured by 'religion'?...

Jesus wasn't to fond of hypocritical religion either, Mac.  Said He to the religious hypocrites of His day (and to those of our day):

"Woe to you...you hypocrites!  You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces.  You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to... Woe to you...you hypocrites!   You are like whitewashed tombs that look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.  In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness...You snakes!... How will you escape being condemned to *censored*?" (Matthew, chapter 23).

You just may have the same heart as Christ when it comes to religious hypocrites.  That may be why He was more interested that people adopt a relationship, rather than a religion.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2005, 06:40:40 PM »

...Thank you for the passage from Matthew. There is another famous quote from Matthew. Do you remember which one?  I seem to remember that it is something to do with not having need of priests and other 'holy men'.

You may mean this one, which is from the very same chapter and a quote of Jesus:

"But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have only one Master and you are all brothers.  And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.  Nor are you to be called 'teacher,' for you have one Teacher, the Christ.  The greatest among you will be your servant.  For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
                          • Yes
                          • Yes
                          • Computer Hope
                        • Certifications: List
                        • Computer: Specs
                        • Experience: Guru
                        « Reply #65 on: September 02, 2005, 08:26:04 AM »
                        Moving this topic to other category.
                        Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
                        -Albert Einstein

Raptor

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:26 AM »
                        We might be needing a religious category.  :)

Hopester Doofus

Adviser

• Hope-ing To Help
                          « Reply #67 on: September 02, 2005, 12:42:01 PM »
                          We might be needing a religious category.

We could call it Immaculate Concepts.

Raptor

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2005, 05:40:45 PM »
                          Or Fire and Brimstone.

merlin_2

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2005, 05:51:56 PM »
                          Commonsense maths........ the earth 65 million years old  est...

Year of christ birth>>> 2000 millions year ad

63 million years without christ...<bc>........how come.?

no ranting or moaning just,require the answer? bible question.

FOOTNOTE: to the human species.

Maybe huxley/darwin.........had the answer of the why the  human being is here.
                          « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 05:58:22 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2005, 06:05:06 PM »

Man, they didn't have warp speed back then.

merlin_2

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2005, 06:12:03 PM »
                          So it took 63 million years for the human being to evolve?
                          « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:13:51 PM by merlin_2 »

Raptor

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2005, 06:17:09 PM »
                          No idea. I was just pointing out the obvious link between the coming of Jesus Christ and Star Trek's warp theory.

Danmit, Jim, I'm a doctor not an evolutionary theorist

merlin_2

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2005, 06:24:04 PM »
                          So we now have the image theroy?. and my question again is NOT answered with any sence.M_2

I was just pointing out the obvious link between the coming of Jesus Christ and Star Trek's warp theory  rotpar. What link.............telestar..blackhole.wo rmhole.solar winds...sun flares.........
                          « Last Edit: September 02, 2005, 06:24:58 PM by merlin_2 »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »
                          Commonsense maths........ the earth 65 million years old  est...

Year of christ birth>>> 2000 millions year ad

no ranting or moaning just,require the answer? bible question.

FOOTNOTE: to the human species.

Maybe huxley/darwin.........had the answer of the why the  human being is here.

Good question, M_2! (and sorry for taking so long to respond; work and family have kept me away from the forum till now).

The Biblical answer 2 UR Q:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made.  In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. ... The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us." (John's gospel, chapter 1).

Word = the Greek word Logos (which means the mind that controls the physical world).  It was what Socrates called his own God, though he had a limited understanding of the Logos.

So, the answer to your question: Jesus exists outside time.  This existence is not one without time, but something beyond time (kind of like how three dimensions are so much more than two dimensions).  

He is God, the one who created all that has DNA.  All of time (from beginning to end) is like an open book to Him.  He sees it all.  The place where He lives is what Christians refer to as eternity (also called heaven).  We expect to live in this existence and to be in His presence forever.  We expect it to be more real than the one we live now (just as three dimensions is more real than two).  It's as though we really haven't experienced living, yet.

This is why D.L. Moody said, "One day you will read in the newspapers that Reverend Moody has died.  DON'T YOU BELIEVE IT!   At that moment I will be more alive than I have ever been."

As Paul wrote: "Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully know." (1 Corinthians, chapter 13).

And John: "They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads.  There will be no more night.  They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light.  And they will reign for ever and ever." (Revelation, chapter 22).

As for Darwin, he wrote that his theory would be proved true or false by the fossil record.  Many years later there is not just one missing link, but hundreds.  I'm not convinced by the evidence.   Microevolution is a scientific fact, Macroevolution seems to me science fiction.  

However, even if one accepts Macroevolution as fact, and not theory, the concept only explains how life evolves, NOT how it starts.  No credible scientific experiment has ever produced living creatures from non-living substances.  That there is a God who creates life is the most reasonable theory based on the evidence.

Something to think about,
                          Doc

BTW, some Christians believe that those who died prior to Christ's birth, death and resurrection still made it to heaven by putting their trust in the Savior who would come.  Just as we are saved by looking back in the past to His death to pay the price for their sins, they were saved by looking forward to the future sacrifice He would make for them.  The Bible predicted His life, death and resurrection thousands of years beforehand.  

« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:42:10 AM by pcdoc4christ »

SomeDude

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2005, 09:56:07 AM »
                          ??? ??? ??? What the heck are you guys talking about? It's just giberish, or is this somekind of code? ??? Ah whatever.

And by "nun" do you mean the women that run around preaching in that black&white dress\hoody thing?

Im soooo confused!
                          « Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 09:58:40 AM by SomeDude »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2005, 06:33:13 PM »
                          ??? ??? ??? What the heck are you guys talking about? ...

SomeDude:

Please be more specific.  I'm game for answering any sincere question.   :)

SomeDude

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2005, 02:49:38 PM »
                          I just want to know what this topic is about.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »

LOL.......when you figure it out ......let me know please .

SomeDude

« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2005, 03:11:55 PM »
                            Something to do with Katrina?

merlin_2

« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2005, 05:46:42 PM »
                             I just go with the flow........maybe its a new movie. ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2005, 06:38:32 PM »
                              I just go with the flow........maybe its a new movie.

LOL....you're close Merlin .......I did some checking and I believe it's a new day time soap............ which is being tested here before the pilot is aired .
                              They seem to be having some difficulty deciding on what to call it ........

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 06:38:47 PM by dl65 »

merlin_2

« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2005, 06:59:30 PM »
                              Life after death is a bit heavy........what about space and time lost.Or belief or doubt.........another war ensues

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2005, 08:15:57 AM »

What would you like it to be about?

[size=9][glb]?[/glb][/size]

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2005, 08:19:08 AM »
                              Life after death is a bit heavy........what about space and time lost.Or belief or doubt.........another war ensues

Hmmm

I'll take "Belief or Doubt" for 200 Alex.

Mac

« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2005, 01:30:45 AM »
                              Something to do with Katrina?

The wrath of God.

Mac

Whatever happened to monogamy?
                              « Reply #86 on: October 28, 2005, 01:46:32 AM »
                              And just who is Santa Claws?

I think that 'Christianity' is crazy.

Peopleanity is much better.